ILB Triplett
ILB Long
CB Allen
FS Graham*
SS Grant
CB Beverly

*=not committed...yet

Obviously means Kpaka bulks up and moves to DT

Coaches Brohm and Holt are beaten the streets for talent. How much coffee are they drinking cause they are closing left and right? This can rival & surpass our 2003-2005 defenses which were solid. I'm withholding judgement till LOI's are in, but it is a frenzy. Should they get a few to jump onboard including these players: Wandale Robinson, David Bell, Sampson James, possibly Stephon Herron this can be scary great! At some point even the high rated star players know they'll need to be onboard if they are on the fence.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
where would Weaver fit ? LEO ? OLB ? DE ? is Cam Williams an ILB or OLB ?

and just curious, what position would Bailey stay at or switch to?

where would Weaver fit ? LEO ? OLB ? DE ? is Cam Williams an ILB or OLB ?

and just curious, what position would Bailey stay at or switch to?

This is just this years commits, that’s why Bailey isn’t listed.

If Cam Williams commits I’d assume he’d play OLB as well or LEO

Since it’s all fun, with Weaver I’d put him at DE and move GK inside to get a speed rush package

Reactions: ChuckJr

Since it’s all fun, with Weaver I’d put him at DE and move GK inside to get a speed rush package

Hunter, GK, Weaver and Herron all on the same D-Line! That would be as good a front 4 as almost anyone in 2020. My guess is Karlaftis ends up a 5-technique in the NFL and will be about 280 by then.

Reactions: BoilerBulldog

I was just curious about Bailey because different people have suggested different positions for him. the same with Weaver. So I was wondering where he would fit if we were to sign all these players.

Weaver would be DE

JJ is an incredible talent. He will be an edge rusher, and can come off the line as an end or as a linebacker. He has ncredible length, strength, and athleticism which will make him a nightmare for offenses to scheme around. As he continues to improve, he will be dominant. You want him coming off the opposite side as GK. GK could move inside, but I would rather him stay as an End. His technique is incredible and he will beat guys one on one all day.

Robinson and Isaiah are the most ready made DT's. Isaiah already has the size and Robinson has the frame to add 30 pounds and be a wrecking ball on the inside.

If Purdue manages to land Isaiah, Robinson, Weaver, Zimos (or Cam Williams), and Graham then they will end up with one of the best defenses Purdue has ever had and likely a top 5 defense in the nation. It would feel like one of those teams you draft in Dynasty mode in the old NCAA college football games. Would be stacked at every position. It would be the kind of defense that wins a championship. Especially considering how good I think the offense is going to be with the weapons they are getting.

I like that there has been a huge focus on defense for this class because of the major need. I love this class and I think GK deserves a massive amount of credit as well as the coaching staff.

I am much excite.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
I was just curious about Bailey because different people have suggested different positions for him. the same with Weaver. So I was wondering where he would fit if we were to sign all these players.
Needs to stay at OLB to play in space...preferably the weak side which allows him to cover the backside for wheel routes and TE’s sneak in out.

I think Barnes slides inside this season and has a monster year.

ADVERTISEMENT