ADVERTISEMENT

House money Saturday

BCfanatic2020

All-American
Jan 5, 2020
I really do think we are playing with house money on Saturday.

I love the boilers, but I just didn’t think we could overcome a lot of the questions we had this off-season and my arguing was more of a stubborn refusal to come off it. As some have pointed out, maybe just enjoy the games.

but even the most optimistic fans didn’t expect a scenario where, if ND doesn’t make major changes from last week, they are potentially running into a buzz saw .. we are much better than I thought and ND has been doing stuff to themselves such that we really could win this game.

that said, no scenario other than a total auburn would cost us much valued perception. Win and we close out 2022 recruiting much stronger off of the bump in perception, transfer recruiting is better, 2023 recruiting kicks off stronger and fan excitement at games is that much better.

lose, even big, and most people will shrug .. win at Illinois the following week and perception is as strong as it was going in.

If we do lose big, I’ve already seen one person say “well look what Toledo did, maybe it will be Mac talent.” I just don’t think that will be accurate even if we lose by 35…

Notre dames issues have been with notre dame. The talent is there.. the assessment from their fans is that freeman just hasn’t been content to sit in base defense and let talent win out. If we lose big, that will probably be why.. they will have simply fixed what would have led to a 49-10 game against Toledo if they had fixed it a week earlier

I’ll be chomping at the bit based on how we come out against Illinois… until forge gets into peters chest and we create a turnover early. This week it’s nothing but excitement

I love the boilers, but I just didn’t think we could overcome a lot of the questions we had this off-season and my arguing was more of a stubborn refusal to come off it. As some have pointed out, maybe just enjoy the games.

but even the most optimistic fans didn’t expect a scenario where, if ND doesn’t make major changes from last week, they are potentially running into a buzz saw .. we are much better than I thought and ND has been doing stuff to themselves such that we really could win this game.

that said, no scenario other than a total auburn would cost us much valued perception. Win and we close out 2022 recruiting much stronger off of the bump in perception, transfer recruiting is better, 2023 recruiting kicks off stronger and fan excitement at games is that much better.

lose, even big, and most people will shrug .. win at Illinois the following week and perception is as strong as it was going in.

If we do lose big, I’ve already seen one person say “well look what Toledo did, maybe it will be Mac talent.” I just don’t think that will be accurate even if we lose by 35…

Notre dames issues have been with notre dame. The talent is there.. the assessment from their fans is that freeman just hasn’t been content to sit in base defense and let talent win out. If we lose big, that will probably be why.. they will have simply fixed what would have led to a 49-10 game against Toledo if they had fixed it a week earlier

I’ll be chomping at the bit based on how we come out against Illinois… until forge gets into peters chest and we create a turnover early. This week it’s nothing but excitement
Is that Forge Zarlaftis?

I'm not sure why everyone is overanalyzing this game? If Purdue shows up and plays solid D and protects the football, there's no reason why they won't stay in this game. It's really that simple. No one has to make heroic plays. Just execute. I'm not saying they'll win. But no reason they won't be competitive unless they turn the ball over numerous times or give up big play after big play on defense.

I hope we go in there and "Kick 'em in the Shamrocks."

I have a feeling Saturday is the kind of game the OSU game was for us in 2018. I'm not expecting a Rondale sighting but get up more than one score early and don't let them get closer the rest of the game. Let Team Z live in the Domer's backfield all afternoon. Pull it off and we turn a big corner.

I'm not sure why everyone is overanalyzing this game? If Purdue shows up and plays solid D and protects the football, there's no reason why they won't stay in this game. It's really that simple. No one has to make heroic plays. Just execute. I'm not saying they'll win. But no reason they won't be competitive unless they turn the ball over numerous times or give up big play after big play on defense.
Notre dame can play a lot better than they have .. I agree with their fans who think that freeman is making it harder than it is

Reactions: pboiler18

we shall see

I really feel bad for the guy, he is a competitor. I'm hoping Downing and Doerue can capitalize on the opportunity.
He’ll be back. I don’t think this story ends like Ralph bolden or Elijah sindelar. We will see Horvath in the end zone again

I will be shocked if Purdue loses badly to ND.
Same thought here...but I keep falling back to a well-earned Boilermaker mentality that says a couple games a year we decide to shoot ourself in the foot and fold. I just hope that's not this week.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Same thought here...but I keep falling back to a well-earned Boilermaker mentality that says a couple games a year we decide to shoot ourself in the foot and fold. I just hope that's not this week.
No, the well-earned Boilermaker mentality says we show well against ND in a losing effort, look like we can compete with anybody, then fall apart against Illinois or Nebraska. lol

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT