ADVERTISEMENT

Homestead girl a possibility?

It is a great opportunity. Get her and try and add a 5th year, transfer or JC post and maybe contend next year.

Not by my count unless she gave walk in Abel a scholarship. Four incoming freshmen and Murphy, Gray, Horricks, Keisler, Oden, Harris, Cooper, Keys and McBryde makes 13. We have two available.

Your count is right.

Versyp talked today in terms of having only one. Maybe I misunderstood.

Reactions: destewart
Your count is right.

Versyp talked today in terms of having only one. Maybe I misunderstood.

Maybe she is counting future commitments although given the fluidity for player movement these days you usually don't have to worry about oversigns until kids enroll.

Just ran across an old Mike Carmin article from September of 2014. Boilermakers hosted Dana Evans, Tyashea Harris, Caitlen Gilbert and Karissa McLaughlin on the same weekend. Evans is going to Louisville, Harris went to South Carolina and started on their FF bound team, Gilbert is pledged to Notre Dame and we get a "Mulligan" on McLaughlin after coach gets fired. Latest word is Floridais looking strongly at San Antonio Spurs assistant coach Becky Hammon. Hammon is the first female assistant coach in NBA history.

Just ran across an old Mike Carmin article from September of 2014. Boilermakers hosted Dana Evans, Tyashea Harris, Caitlen Gilbert and Karissa McLaughlin on the same weekend. Evans is going to Louisville, Harris went to South Carolina and started on their FF bound team, Gilbert is pledged to Notre Dame and we get a "Mulligan" on McLaughlin after coach gets fired. Latest word is Floridais looking strongly at San Antonio Spurs assistant coach Becky Hammon. Hammon is the first female assistant coach in NBA history.

We have only one junior---Keyes--unless we don't give Horrocks a fifth year. We have two recruits committed, so the problem would occur after next year.

Thought I saw that Hammon turned down the Florida job to stay on staff with the Spurs.

Purdue seemed to have end of the season momentum, perhaps that carries over to recruiting, the lady Boilers have some nice players returning, they could use another shooter/scorer type.

She visited yesterday, hopefully, Sharon can close the deal, Karissa could be a day 1 starter. Murphy-Oden-McGlaugthlin-McBride-Harris would be a solid lineup!

Keys would start over McBryde

But Keys doesn't play the 4.

The lineup will be TBD PG, Oden, Keys, McBryde, Harris, at least as it stands now.

The key to the whole season is finding a point and McBryde improving into what many think she can be.

CAn't disagree, but Versyp's video made it clear that major leadership like Ashley and Bridget was expected from the senior Keys. Hard to lead and not start. Will be interesting. I hope we get the new girl so we have this good problem. Horrocks if she takes major steps could start over McBryde too sometimes I think.

CAn't disagree, but Versyp's video made it clear that major leadership like Ashley and Bridget was expected from the senior Keys. Hard to lead and not start. Will be interesting. I hope we get the new girl so we have this good problem. Horrocks if she takes major steps could start over McBryde too sometimes I think.

Keys will start.

TBD at PG; Oden at SG; Keys at wing; McBryde at PF; Harris at PF/C.

We have only one junior---Keyes--unless we don't give Horrocks a fifth year. We have two recruits committed, so the problem would occur after next year.
Horrocks is a junior that graduates a year early "senior" in May, with 2 years of eligibility left "sophomore". Great play.

Florida hired Newbauer from Belmont University. Played his high school ball at Leo, Indiana. His younger sister played for Concordia High School (Fort Wayne) then IU. So he will be recruiting the state.

Florida hired Newbauer from Belmont University. Played his high school ball at Leo, Indiana. His younger sister played for Concordia High School (Fort Wayne) then IU. So he will be recruiting the state.

She verballed to Sharon today so whoever Florida hired meant nothing to her.

On Fort Wayne radio yesterday she said she was considering reopening her recruitment before Florida coach was fired. She was having second thoughts about playing so far from home. So new coach wasn't the reason, just wanted to be closer to home.

On Fort Wayne radio yesterday she said she was considering reopening her recruitment before Florida coach was fired. She was having second thoughts about playing so far from home. So new coach wasn't the reason, just wanted to be closer to home.

She wouldn't have had any grounds, though, to ask out of her letter.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT