ADVERTISEMENT

Holy Cross and E.Wash....

I was kind of thinking the same thing when i saw these schools. I originally thought that with all the guys entering the portal for us, that this could be an opportunity to upgrade talent, and still is. However, I am starting to wonder if you have to choose to get into bidding wars for power 5 players, or you can just go look for diamonds in the rough at a small school if you don't have the bank. Hoping tn is a combo of both for us, and I think to realistically be competitive next year, we must bring in around 25 portal players in through a mixture of our our own players in the portal and others school's players as well. I wouldn't recommend our coaching staff signing 30 plus incoming freshmen.

This from people who thought dedrick Mackey and Jamari brown didn’t suck in the last couple years

Likely no worse than these guys.
Jamari Brown was not good enough to play on this year's Purdue team. He was bad. He found a roster spot at MSU and made 1 tackle on ST all season. 1st team looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane guy lol

Jamari Brown was not good enough to play on this year's Purdue team. He was bad. He found a roster spot at MSU and made 1 tackle on ST all season. 1st team looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane guy lol
But for some reason, recruiting Cory trice, a bunch of bad corners, and then a bunch of corners who are so bad they not only never play for Purdue, but they can’t play g5… in 6 years… is okay.

How about doing what looks a lot now like favors for Roman oben and ray Buchanan

But for some reason, recruiting Cory trice, a bunch of bad corners, and then a bunch of corners who are so bad they not only never play for Purdue, but they can’t play g5… in 6 years… is okay.

How about doing what looks a lot now like favors for Roman oben and ray Buchanan
I can’t believe Brohm didn’t maintain that long legacy of NFL corners we were pumping out…

• Haha
Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Amazing how some people think if a player comes from a small school, college not known for football or is a walkon , that they aren't any good.
I don't think it has anything to do with that. There have been multiple players that I went to a smaller school or community college and turned into college stars and sometimes NFL stars. However, that is the exception and not the rule on average.

What we all have to realize is that everyone comes with a price anymore. It is not just QBs that are getting paid the big bucks, even though that position is usually the highest. That is why I thought it was stupid to hear our coaches saying that they wanted SEC type receivers. Ok, who is going to pay for those type of receivers? We cannot afford that. Well, we could. We just refuse to go into this NIL world with the big boys, so we will be average every year at best. That is just the reality of the college landscape right now.

Reactions: Boiler8285
I don't think it has anything to do with that. There have been multiple players that I went to a smaller school or community college and turned into college stars and sometimes NFL stars. However, that is the exception and not the rule on average.

What we all have to realize is that everyone comes with a price anymore. It is not just QBs that are getting paid the big bucks, even though that position is usually the highest. That is why I thought it was stupid to hear our coaches saying that they wanted SEC type receivers. Ok, who is going to pay for those type of receivers? We cannot afford that. Well, we could. We just refuse to go into this NIL world with the big boys, so we will be average every year at best. That is just the reality of the college landscape right now.
Well people are saying give Coach Walters another couple years , so he can get the right players, and here he is going after some , then these same people are not liking who he is offering. Gotta go with who the Coach thinks can play for his system.

Jones showing as committed on another site. First team big sky, 3 picks.. two to the house. This school has fed many players into schools like Oregon, Fresno state etc

Reactions: ChuckJr
Purdue and Walters better have some Cash for CB......With this scheme, that's a corner you can't cut....No pun intended.
I know we have paid to retain stars. I don’t know that there’s any bundled money for large cash deals ($150k+) at all.

Hopefully Brown and Rogers Jr make a leap at CB. They seemed to be right there a lot and just never made a play. Why ever happened to the other Ole Miss kid? Forget his name but remember he had a sick offer list coming out

"College landscape" just doesn't seem to fit in with all that is going on now...those two words don't seem to fit and yet, that is where we are.

Reactions: Boiler8285
Hopefully Brown and Rogers Jr make a leap at CB. They seemed to be right there a lot and just never made a play. Why ever happened to the other Ole Miss kid? Forget his name but remember he had a sick offer list coming out
Braxton Myers, former 4 star, true frosh. He was hurt i believe.

You know, “Purdue Football: Cauldron of Corners”!!
You guys are so right, it's completely unreasonable to expect the former coach to have recruited D1 football players. There literally was not a D1 corner left on the roster lol

You guys are so right, it's completely unreasonable to expect the former coach to have recruited D1 football players. There literally was not a D1 corner left on the roster lol
Weird how Brohm went to 4 bowl games in 6 seasons with no corners.

And he’s not responsible for the current roster- Walters is. This isn’t the NFL with 4 year contracts. Everyone is a free agent, every year.

Get players to win your next game, like Brohm did in 2017 and 2018.

No one cares about next year, you may not be around for it if you don’t take care of business THIS year.

Weird how Brohm went to 4 bowl games in 6 seasons with no corners.

And he’s not responsible for the current roster- Walters is. This isn’t the NFL with 4 year contracts. Everyone is a free agent, every year.

Get players to win your next game, like Brohm did in 2017 and 2018.

No one cares about next year, you may not be around for it if you don’t take care of business THIS year.
Jesus Christ man the coach left a roster here and it was bad. Why you are so hell bent on that not mattering at all is beyond me. There is no logic in your position. It's really obvious how Brohm went to bowls. He's a pretty good coach, had an easy path, good QBs, and great WRs. QBs that were gifted to him, btw. He still can't develop one. Look at all those stars on the UL depth chart, but he needs a 7th year player and DJ U to compete next year.

Jesus Christ man the coach left a roster here and it was bad. Why you are so hell bent on that not mattering at all is beyond me. There is no logic in your position. It's really obvious how Brohm went to bowls. He's a pretty good coach, had an easy path, good QBs, and great WRs. QBs that were gifted to him, btw. He still can't develop one. Look at all those stars on the UL depth chart, but he needs a 7th year player and DJ U to compete next year.
BROHM. WAS. RESPONSIBLE. FOR. THE. 2017-22 ROSTERS.

WALTERS. IS. RESPONSIBLE. FOR. CURRENT. ROSTER.

We’re in the portal era. Coaches are coaching for THIS season. Not a hard concept to understand.

So you don’t like your roster? Dump it in the portal and go get a new one.

Reactions: pboiler18
BROHM. WAS. RESPONSIBLE. FOR. THE. 2017-22 ROSTERS.

WALTERS. IS. RESPONSIBLE. FOR. CURRENT. ROSTER.

We’re in the portal era. Coaches are coaching for THIS season. Not a hard concept to understand.

So you don’t like your roster? Dump it in the portal and go get a new one.
Were there players on this roster that were brought in by Brohm? Yes? Were they bad? Yes? And that's on the new coach? Huh?

Walters should have cut loose like 50 guys and replaced them? That's your argument?

In terms of CB, he did exactly what you're demanding, you dolt. Went out and got several guys in a hurry to remedy the absolute dumpster fire that was left behind. You are completely delusional or trolling.

Were there players on this roster that were brought in by Brohm? Yes? Were they bad? Yes? And that's on the new coach? Huh?

Walters should have cut loose like 50 guys and replaced them? That's your argument?

In terms of CB, he did exactly what you're demanding, you dolt. Went out and got several guys in a hurry to remedy the absolute dumpster fire that was left behind. You are completely delusional or trolling.
This all rings hollow. Most all of the remaining contributors are Brohm recruits. Blaming him is just silly.

This all rings hollow. Most all of the remaining contributors are Brohm recruits. Blaming him is just silly.
Which corners did he leave behind that contributed? You know, since that’s what the entire thread is about.

In terms of CB, he did exactly what you're demanding, you dolt. Went out and got several guys in a hurry to remedy the absolute dumpster fire that was left behind.
Oh you mean like Brohm had to do when he got here, WITHOUT a portal ?

In other words, his job…

Reactions: pboiler18
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT