ADVERTISEMENT

High tech and videos

tjreese

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2008
I actually thought I stumbled upon this prior to 2017 and thought then how this could be very concerning.

"An aspect of artificial intelligence that’s sometimes overlooked is just how good it is at creating fake audio and video that’s difficult to distinguish from reality. The advent of Photoshop got us doubting our eyes, but what happens when we can’t rely on our other senses?"

"You can see two side-by-side clips of Barack Obama. The one on the left is the source for the audio, and the one on the right is from a completely different speech, with the researchers’ algorithms use to graft new mouth shapes onto the footage. The resulting video isn’t perfect (Obama’s mouth movements are a little blurry — a common problem with AI-generated imagery) but overall it’s pretty convincing."

University of Washington video

and this as another...
ELVIS Comes Alive To Sing with Simon Cowell, Sofia Vergara and Heidi Klum on America's Got Talent!

Well that’s what they doing with the voice James Earl Jones. He is retiring doing the live voice recordings of Darth Vader from Stars Wars. He agreed to AI his voice for future movies.

Reactions: tjreese
Well that’s what they doing with the voice James Earl Jones. He is retiring doing the live voice recordings of Darth Vader from Stars Wars. He agreed to AI his voice for future movies.
that is not my concern though. When you have high tech controlling most of the media outlets and most people see things at a glance it will be easy for someone to put a face and different words in a video to appear as some truth that is not...and it will get harder to tell down the road. Considering the number of people that get their information from these sources...people can place a politician in a light that isn't true and turn teh public against him or her. Or it doesn't have to be a politician...it could be anyone in the public and have it used against them.

Reactions: BSIT
that is not my concern though. When you have high tech controlling most of the media outlets and most people see things at a glance it will be easy for someone to put a face and different words in a video to appear as some truth that is not...and it will get harder to tell down the road. Considering the number of people that get their information from these sources...people can place a politician in a light that isn't true and turn teh public against him or her. Or it doesn't have to be a politician...it could be anyone in the public and have it used against them.
Oh, I see where you are going now.

Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT