ADVERTISEMENT

Hewitt in Transfer Portal

I had forgotten about Shoop, and was surprised to read about him in a hero role:

So I assume Shoop gave back the handsome salary he made profiting off these poor kids?

I remember at the time reading about this and other stuff and thinking, this is the guy that wanted to play power football at Purdue? While telling the kids they are damaging their brains for nothing? This was about the same time they were instrumenting helmets so the players were keenly aware of the contact.

Lol, did you read the article in 2017. It magically came out after he was fired for performance. What an asshat
No, I just read it now. I was not aware of any of that stuff. I just wondered what happened to him, like I wonder what happened to Nick Holt and others.

I had forgotten about Shoop, and was surprised to read about him in a hero role:

Watch it and see if you still feel that he is a hero...

I won't argue what his premise was that he was supporting, but, the guy was certainly not the voice, or face, for the cause...and, it was blamed for essentially ending his career (albeit unfairly, at least in large part, as his career ended because he was not good at what he was supposed to be doing, much less what he was doing).

Hazell and that brainiac had Appleby (who went on to start at Florida after he left Purdue), Etling (who went on to start at LSU after he left Purdue) and Blough (and probably Sindelar) all as QBs and STILL could not function offensively!

Watch it and see if you still feel that he is a hero...

I won't argue what his premise was that he was supporting, but, the guy was certainly not the voice, or face, for the cause...and, it was blamed for essentially ending his career (albeit unfairly, at least in large part, as his career ended because he was not good at what he was supposed to be doing, much less what he was doing).

Hazell and that brainiac had Appleby (who went on to start at Florida after he left Purdue), Etling (who went on to start at LSU after he left Purdue) and Blough (and probably Sindelar) all as QBs and STILL could not function offensively!
I didn't say he was a hero, only that per the trib article I was surprised he had that role apparently in a lebron doc that I didn't watch and don't plan to watch.

I didn't say he was a hero, only that per the trib article I was surprised he had that role apparently in a lebron doc that I didn't watch and don't plan to watch.
I was not trying to imply or say that you did...my bad.

I think if there is anyone that sees him as a hero in any sort of way, it is likely Mr. Schoop himself.

The show was not bad...and his part in it was entertaining at least, I will say that.

To your point...I think most would be surprised to know that he played a role in a Lebron documentary...Lebron himself may have been surprised when he saw it!

Reactions: Riveting
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT