ADVERTISEMENT

He's just big

Yes they have the same thing of game if edey makes it in the nba he has to play more like jokic edey can shoot the ball from the outside coach painter has to allow him to expand his game from the outside he knocks down the shoot from the outside edey can play in the nba guys in the nba are not scared of 7 footers no more since my boy Vince Carter dunked on that 7 footer in the Olympics

Yes they have the same thing of game if edey makes it in the nba he has to play more like jokic edey can shoot the ball from the outside coach painter has to allow him to expand his game from the outside he knocks down the shoot from the outside edey can play in the nba guys in the nba are not scared of 7 footers no more since my boy Vince Carter dunked on that 7 footer in the Olympics
Edey is nowhere near the player Jokic is. Relax. Lol.

Reactions: DenverBoiler
If Edey is given the green light to take and make the occasional jumper, his game would be more like Jokic, but nowhere near in the entire scope of the topic. Jokic is 7-foot and has the definition of an all-around game. That's why he's an MVP candidate every year. I don't think watching Edey make a bunch of jumpers equals that.

That being said, Edey making a jumper or 2 can only help Purdue next year. We became too predictable down the stretch of the season and individual games, especially after Loyer hit the freshman wall.

And everyone is focused on the 3s. I don't need to see 3s. I just want to see an elbow or baseline 12-footer every now and then.

defense was good enough to hold Purdue to less points than the IU offense scored on 2 different occasions..
Well if you read what he actually said your response is off the mark! He stated interior defense and it seems that Edey got his on the interior in both of those games didn’t he?

Purdue will be good with edey or not if edey leaves furst at center tkr at power forward so with Gillis and hopefully berg coming off the bench
Don’t think we will see much of Berg especially with him coming off a foot/leg injury. I like the idea of TKR and Furst as our starting front court. Changes the dynamic of our game especially if TKR can improve his foot speed and move faster.

Purdue will be good with edey or not if edey leaves furst at center tkr at power forward so with Gillis and hopefully berg coming off the bench

There will be a massive adjustment without ZE. We could be a top 20 team. We could also be a borderline NCAAT type team, just as easily, depending on how the players adjust to & then perform in their new roles.

I think the big guy is gone. All the best to him! TKR will help us be a completely different looking team next year. He is skilled enough to have an impact. Berg will be a bench player, at least this next year.

Yes, the nba is all about scaring the other professional players.

There will be a massive adjustment without ZE. We could be a top 20 team. We could also be a borderline NCAAT type team, just as easily, depending on how the players adjust to & then perform in their new roles.

When you have a big star that gets a lot of attention from the press and fans, the other guys CAN be a little envious of that. Some downright jealous. In a good way mostly. (i want some of that)
Bottom line is: it's a HUGE opportunity for EVERYONE ELSE to shine. And nobody knows WHO will shine so they ALL would like to be that guy and will work their butts off to do it.
Frequently leading (if the talent is there) to a very good team with hungry players.
Next Man Up....
Thanks Zack for everything. It's been fun.
I'll be immensely happy to be wrong about him. ;)

Reactions: Boiler Buck
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT