ADVERTISEMENT

He's just big

He did well in the lane agility drill as well and, of course, was #1 in height, standing reach and wingspan by a large margin. I have to think he has helped himself.

He did well in the lane agility drill as well and, of course, was #1 in height, standing reach and wingspan by a large margin. I have to think he has helped himself.
Agree, but he's in a tough position as he's not really going to know whether teams like him enough to take him in the early second round and even if they do, they won't be able to commit to taking him there because they don't know who may be slip from earlier in the draft.

Painter did an interview with Jeff Goodman the other day and basically said that it will be helpful for Zach to get feedback on where he should focus development but that the NBA execs are unlikely to give him much useful information on draft position.

It is wild his standing reach but got to say TJD being right up there is impressive.

What makes the tweet confusing is that standing reach and vertical reach are different things. Edey’s standing reach was first as well (by 3 inches) at 9’7.5”.

Reactions: Schnelk
Unless you are a Nielsen family, you won’t help their ratings, but to each their own. I love NBA playoff hoops. The defensive intensity is insane.

Went to my Dad's house, he had it on. Defensive play was not what I saw. But hey, just part of one game, small sample size, I am sure the others are all much better. 😎

Went to my Dad's house, he had it on. Defensive play was not what I saw. But hey, just part of one game, small sample size, I am sure the others are all much better. 😎
Have you ever sat in the first 3-4 rows for an NBA game? I highly recommend it, if you haven’t. The defense is much better than it appears on television, even for regular season games.

Reactions: dumpsterFyre
Have you ever sat in the first 3-4 rows for an NBA game? I highly recommend it, if you haven’t. The defense is much better than it appears on television, even for regular season games.

Obviously, NBA is not one of my top entertainment choices. I did go to a Fever game once. That was good. Just not good enough to go back.

Watch the Heat Celtics game tonite and get back to me.
You talk to some ex nba players and get back to me. I saw some explayer refer to it as "show ball", like basketball, but just the pretty stuff, not the gritty stuff that used to win championships.
They are extremely talented offensively to be sure. Fun to watch that at times.
Hard to watch uncontested layups once you get by your man.
Late in the regular season I watched a quarter of one game where 2 players were clearly playing "match it" for more than 4 minutes. Nobody else saw the ball, or at least shot it.
At one point trips down the floor resulted in 8 straight 3 pt attempts.
Fans in the stands were roaring.
I thought it was ridiculously self indulgent theatre.
To each their own.

Last edited:
Obviously, NBA is not one of my top entertainment choices. I did go to a Fever game once. That was good. Just not good enough to go back.
The players are so long and athletic
You talk to some ex nba players and get back to me. I saw some explayer refer to it as "show ball", like basketball, but just the pretty stuff, not the gritty stuff that used to win championships.
They are extremely talented offensively to be sure. Fun to watch that at times.
Hard to watch uncontested layups once you get by your man.
Late in the regular season I watched a quarter of one game where 2 players were clearly playing "match it" for more than 4 minutes. Nobody else saw the ball, or at least shot it.
At one point trips down the floor resulted in 8 straight 3 pt attempts.
Fans in the stands were roaring.
I thought it was ridiculously self indulgent theatre.
To each their own.
Again, watch tonight and get back to me.

Unless you are a Nielsen family, you won’t help their ratings, but to each their own. I love NBA playoff hoops. The defensive intensity is insane.
Lol. Haven’t heard that term in ages.

How do they measure that stuff now? I dropped cable during COVID and find bootleg streams when I really want to watch a game.

Videos from combine stuff.

Looks like CMP should have let him shoot the 3s, when teams stuff the middle with triple teams. Then let TKR & Furst be underneath. That might of worked when everyone goes cold. Few, if any, in NCAA is blocking his 3. Jumper looks great....hope he comes back to destroyed teams with it.

When I see him drain 3s, and CMP absolutely coached him to always hang underneath, & not take any.....I see this as an example of the coach being inflexible. In our last loss, having him step out to the line would have been a strategy to mix things up when things were not working. Just about any of our 3s & 4s could have handled rebounding against that undersized team. CMPs strategy worked well most of the season, but in our losses when Edey was being triple teamed and abused, certainly would not have hurt to try it when things went poorly elsewhere.

Last edited:
Yeah. I cannot believe we weren’t letting him try one a game when you consider that video was NBA range. I realize that was with no one guarding him but how many people would be following him out there that first time or two.

Looks like CMP should have let him shoot the 3s, when teams stuff the middle with triple teams. Then let TKR & Furst be underneath. That might of worked when everyone goes cold. Few, if any, in NCAA is blocking his 3. Jumper looks great....hope he comes back to destroyed teams with it.

When I see him drain 3s, and CMP absolutely coached him to always hang underneath, & not take any.....I see this as an example of the coach being inflexible. In our last loss, having him step out to the line would have been a strategy to mix things up when things were not working. Just about any of our 3s & 4s could have handled rebounding against that undersized team. CMPs strategy worked well most of the season, but in our losses when Edey was being triple teamed and abused, certainly would not have hurt to try it when things went poorly elsewhere.
I agree with that sentiment. Clearly it is something that was developed. You don’t just sit there and make nba range jump shots without lots of practice. Cmp had to realize that zach could do this and coming in with that type of strategy would have neutralized fdu. Zach couldn’t have shot less than 20% after seeing that video. Would have been on par or better than everybody else.

jeeeez...I'm a little shocked that no teams will take a chance on this guy. He gets better every day.
Agree. Feel like some GM might take a shot at him in the second round. He isn’t going to be a 30-40 minute a night guy. Could be a serviceable 10-20 minutes and be a situational player.

NBA Playoffs > NCAA tournament

Most grueling, hard-fought portion of yearly sports calendar.

RE: Edey...I still think he stays, but happy that he is doing really well in front of the NBA people...

If you look at Zach edey the way Denver nuggets center plays that has to be how Zach in the nba I think he can play like that if he comes back to purdue painter needs to let him expand his game and put first or trey in the post and let Zach do what he wants to do

If you look at Zach edey the way Denver nuggets center plays that has to be how Zach in the nba I think he can play like that if he comes back to purdue painter needs to let him expand his game and put first or trey in the post and let Zach do what he wants to do

Yep on that, coach needs to be more flexible.

Lol. Haven’t heard that term in ages.

How do they measure that stuff now? I dropped cable during COVID and find bootleg streams when I really want to watch a game.
As of 10 years ago, every person in the household wears a pager type device that monitors what is on the television. Some friends of ours got randomly selected to do it.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Wait...you're comparing Jokic to Edey??

• Haha
Reactions: Hatchets7times
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT