ADVERTISEMENT

Here's a name perhaps Bolier fans could get behind...

Dec 5, 2004
How about Kyle Whittingham??.... I've always liked him as a coach..l think it's at least worth a phone call..What say you??

How about Kyle Whittingham??.... I've always liked him as a coach..l think it's at least worth a phone call..What say you??
You expect a guy.... To leave UTAH... For Purdue? Quite a massive step down there.. Utah has been in line 5 of the 6 Pac-12 championships. Have been real good under him... Dudes been a coach at Utah since 1994... 1994.

Reactions: bkgolden
You expect a guy.... To leave UTAH... For Purdue? Quite a massive step down there.. Utah has been in line 5 of the 6 Pac-12 championships. Have been real good under him... Dudes been a coach at Utah since 1994... 1994.
The only way we’re getting an established P5 guy is paying way more than his current school can afford- and Whittingham is already around $7 million a year. Not happening.

Reactions: DannyGranger
The only way we’re getting an established P5 guy is paying way more than his current school can afford- and Whittingham is already around $7 million a year. Not happening.
You have to pay him triple to take that big of a step down.

WF's Clawson is the only (winning) P5 HC believable. Matt Campbell already has the superior rivalry with Iowa.

Reactions: PaBoiler78
Utah vs W.Lafayette, would be kind of a lateral move, I see what your saying. 🤣🤣🤣

His age and LDS thing l see your point, but why do some of you say 'taking a step down'..the B1G l would argue is a better conference than the Pac12, especially since their showcase teams will be here in 2 years...l mean Fred Akers left Texas..TEXAS to coach Purdue!..TEXAS...now granted the whole wishbone offense thing he brought with him didn't pan out so well, but still..idk..i at least pick up the phone and make him at least turn us down

His age and LDS thing l see your point, but why do some of you say 'taking a step down'..the B1G l would argue is a better conference than the Pac12, especially since their showcase teams will be here in 2 years...l mean Fred Akers left Texas..TEXAS to coach Purdue!..TEXAS...now granted the whole wishbone offense thing he brought with him didn't pan out so well, but still..idk..i at least pick up the phone and make him at least turn us down
No offense, but pretty much everything you said about Akers is wrong.

Reactions: rezzerfly and TX4GB
Imskrong is an iu fan.

Reactions: purduepat1969
That's some revisionist history on Akers.

Reactions: purduepat1969
I remember when Akers came to Purdue. Everyone said he was going to install a wishbone and would be a tremendous recruiter! Neither happened.

No offense, but pretty much everything you said about Akers is wrong.
Yeah l was in the Army overseas during his tenure and got only secondhand info, most of you on here have much better memories and more pertinent info than myself to be sure.. my main point here is that he wasn't a B1G guy, nor was Joe Tiller but Purdue hired both..l still say you have to kick the tires with Whittingham and see where he stands..How about a coach from one of the successful FCS programs??..Teams like North Dakota State and James Madison perhaps??

Yeah l was in the Army overseas during his tenure and got only secondhand info, most of you on here have much better memories and more pertinent info than myself to be sure.. my main point here is that he wasn't a B1G guy, nor was Joe Tiller but Purdue hired both..l still say you have to kick the tires with Whittingham and see where he stands..How about a coach from one of the successful FCS programs??..Teams like North Dakota State and James Madison perhaps??
You realize there are posters here who know everything about Purdue athletics and they expect everyone who posts here to have the same total memory that they do. They offer no original thoughts. They just dedicate their lives to informing others they don’t know as much as they do!

You realize there are posters here who know everything about Purdue athletics and they expect everyone who posts here to have the same total memory that they do. They offer no original thoughts. They just dedicate their lives to informing others they don’t know as much as they do!
Seriously, why do you even hang around here? Don't you get tired of being wrong all the time?

ADVERTISEMENT