ADVERTISEMENT

Henry

Boiler Buck

All-American
Mar 11, 2010
So Butler just offered Henry. Do Henry and Hunter want to play together.? Is there a danger in CMP not offering?

(Fixed in edit)​

Last edited:
although henry is not real high on my wish list . it was said that Hummel and the other three amigos were so good at Purdue because they all played on the same AAU team and had built a chemistry.

I think Henry will be a good player. We are maybe waiting to see what happens with Anderson since they have similar games, but I wont be sad if we sign Henry

although henry is not real high on my wish list . it was said that Hummel and the other three amigos were so good at Purdue because they all played on the same AAU team and had built a chemistry.
Pretty sure they didn't all play on the same AAU team.

I said the three amigos, not all 4.
No you didn't. It isn't a big thing but you were wrong. In any event the three "amigos" included Hummel. Johnson was the one who didn't play together. And that AAU didn't help Martin assimilate into the team.

Offer Henry now. Some people just play basketball and may not fit conventional size and position, but still get them.

No you didn't. It isn't a big thing but you were wrong. In any event the three "amigos" included Hummel. Johnson was the one who didn't play together. And that AAU didn't help Martin assimilate into the team.

YES I DID !!!! part of the reason that was such a good recruiting class was that three players all played on the same AAU team and wanted to stay together. Martin had a great freshman year, but realized that he and Hummel would most likely be playing the same position in the future. Taylor wanted to be a starter, and knew that wasn't going to happen at Purdue. So he left. if they were not al l playing for the same AAU team, do you believe they would have all signed with Purdue ?

the point of my post was that the three amigos had built a chemistry on/off court by playing on same AAU team. and it became easy to sign all three of them JJ was icing on the cake. .

and that's why if you want Hunter, you sign his friend henry. We could have signed Zach Randolph and several other players if we were willing to also sign his little buddy.

YES I DID !!!! part of the reason that was such a good recruiting class was that three players all played on the same AAU team and wanted to stay together. Martin had a great freshman year, but realized that he and Hummel would most likely be playing the same position in the future. Taylor wanted to be a starter, and knew that wasn't going to happen at Purdue. So he left. if they were not al l playing for the same AAU team, do you believe they would have all signed with Purdue ?

the point of my post was that the three amigos had built a chemistry on/off court by playing on same AAU team. and it became easy to sign all three of them JJ was icing on the cake. .

and that's why if you want Hunter, you sign his friend henry. We could have signed Zach Randolph and several other players if we were willing to also sign his little buddy.
We didn't sign Zach Randolph because of several problems including his arrest in HS and the fact he was likely not a qualifier at Purdue. Martin left the team in December but came back. He had a nice year but great, I don't think anyone would say he had a great freshman year.

Reactions: BBG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT