ADVERTISEMENT

Hazell Should Be Fired Today

PBoiler84

Redshirt Freshman
Feb 16, 2004
Mid-season....so what? We can't get any worse with an interim coach. That performance yesterday by Purdue was disgusting. Play calling was awful. The team almost looked like the concept of foootball was foreign to them. I'm done with them until changes are made.

Mid-season....so what? We can't get any worse with an interim coach. That performance yesterday by Purdue was disgusting. Play calling was awful. The team almost looked like the concept of foootball was foreign to them. I'm done with them until changes are made.
pretty much agree, would probably get a visit from Al Sharpton though.

Oh absolutely. This guy needs fired right now. What happened yesterday is worse than a worse case scenario. A message needs sent to the fans that there are people considering their position in all this. Al the support the fans have given this community and team. The school needs to make it known that they care about the program. A firing is clearly in order. There is not one school in the Big Ten (our peers) that would let this guy coach next week after what has transpired to this point in the 3rd season of this disaster of a coaching staff. It is anathema. The students should boycott hard the next few games. Even the IU game. If Hazell is still coaching this team come IU then at that IU game the fraternities on campus need to get together and launch a boycott with the finger pointed to our smug president and athletic director. Their smugness needs to end right about now. If this loser president at Purdue and his loser AD don't have the leadership to effect change then maybe it is time the students take it upon themselves to display the kind of response that is necessary to oust those slobs. Get them the hell off the campus.

Look at Maryland. There's no reason we shouldn't be similar.

We are all emotional and want things that may not be possible due to $. What does seem possible to me would be to fire Shoop and make Malone the OC. I don't know if Shoop is the whole problem, but I do think he is low hanging fruit. We already have Malone on the staff--he already knows the players, is already making 250,000, and was the OC at Michigan and then TE coach for the Saints. Adding a 100,000 to his salary seems totally doable to make him the OC for the rest of the season. I cannot say that this would be a fix, but it seems like a realistic midseason option.

Reactions: pessara
We are all emotional and want things that may not be possible due to $. What does seem possible to me would be to fire Shoop and make Malone the OC. I don't know if Shoop is the whole problem, but I do think he is low hanging fruit. We already have Malone on the staff--he already knows the players, is already making 250,000, and was the OC at Michigan and then TE coach for the Saints. Adding a 100,000 to his salary seems totally doable to make him the OC for the rest of the season. I cannot say that this would be a fix, but it seems like a realistic midseason option.
Shoop SUCKS but how many yards and points did his offense get gouged for yesterday. THE WHOLE STAFF SUCKS!!!

Reactions: Redhotfill
Forget firing him today he needs fired yesterday.

Reactions: Redhotfill
Fire Shoop and fire Hudson. The tackling yesterday was pathetic. Our defense has been regressing all season. I wouldn't mind seeing Hudson go and let Freeman call the defense.

I wouldn't mind letting the Hudson Bay coach this team over Hudson. His defenses are defenseless. If his defenses are supposed to be a defense than I am Emperor Palpatine.

Fire Shoop and fire Hudson. The tackling yesterday was pathetic. Our defense has been regressing all season. I wouldn't mind seeing Hudson go and let Freeman call the defense.

Tackling techniques was awful. Speaking of tackling, have you noticed how Michigan State and Ohio State are tackling differently? It is more a rugby style of tackling.

It's way too late to be making "assistant" changes to fix this problem. You do that after year 1. Or maybe year 2. Not during year 3. The ship has sailed.

I think hanging on to Nord was part of Hopes downfall. Never had a good defensive coordinator. He brung in better recruits and beat OSU, Michigan, etc. At least with Hope we had a chance. I think Hazell is a good man, but if he doesn't get rid of coordinators, results wont change

Funny think is, I thought the D looked really good in the first half, was flying around, making plays, etc.
Then, in the 2nd half, it was like a different team and Minny should decided to see how tough our D was by running over them. Terrible response to the challenge. Embarrassing tackling.

Funny think is, I thought the D looked really good in the first half, was flying around, making plays, etc.
Then, in the 2nd half, it was like a different team and Minny should decided to see how tough our D was by running over them. Terrible response to the challenge. Embarrassing tackling.

I agree, Fish. Strength and speed must be improved at the very least. I thought our plan was acceptable till we couldn't execute the defensive fundamentals.

THE WHOLE STAFF SUCKS!!!
If this staff is still together at the end of the year, maybe the students can replace the IU Sucks chant with the above. Hell, even do it during the IU game just to show the fans that Purdue at least has a sense of humor.

Look at Maryland. There's no reason we shouldn't be similar.
The difference between Maryland and Purdue is they have no game this weekend. I would not be surprised to see Hazell gone after Wisconsin, which will be our last game until Halloween.

The difference between Maryland and Purdue is they have no game this weekend. I would not be surprised to see Hazell gone after Wisconsin, which will be our last game until Halloween.

• Burke is a ball-less tnuc he wont fire these twits, because he doesn't know what to do after that even if he did. The idiot can't even figure out what he wants to do with the stadium, without endless years of focus group testing.

Reactions: boilermaker75
I have resisted jumping on this bandwagon but I am now on board. Hope was stupid and acted worse with the media thus making him an easier target. Hazel is actually stupider than Hope which is stunning but acts respectable with the media and doesn't get rattled.

On aside, I do think Hope would have done a better job with this program if he had Hazel's money. While Hope was far below average with clock management, I think if he could have surrounded himself with better assistants, the recruiting and overall level of play would have been better. But w/e. This is on Burke.

I hope Daniels cans Burke and Hazel.

Simple Minny's coaches made some adjustments at 1/2 time. DH didn't.

This all reminds me of that Seinfeld episode where George keeps doing things trying to get himself fired, but they don't.

....or he could just do the opposite...
If every football decision that Hazell has made has been wrong, and his career at Purdue is the exact opposite of what it should be...Burke should tell him "if every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right"

....or he could just do the opposite...
If every football decision that Hazell has made has been wrong, and his career at Purdue is the exact opposite of what it should be...Burke should tell him "if every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right"

Like George Costanza in the Seinfeld episode "The Opposite."

It's obvious that Purdue will not win another football game this year, and will be the Big 10 cellar dweller as long as Hazell is coach. But nothing will change until the Administration decides that a good football is a priority, which at present it is not! This will only change once the stadium is empty of fans! Why would anyone in their right mind, buy a ticket to a Purdue game when you can see much better football at a high school stadium!

Hazells excuse now is the playbook is to big. check the dumbest excuse for losing on the Journal and Courier online now just put out today. man of a million excuses .. this guy hasn't a clue .Problem is they don't have a playbook. Bet we had a bigger playbook in high school than he has. guy just won't take any responsibility. what does the playbook have to do with sissy a$$ tackling etc

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT