ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue football Hazell on facility upgrade

Stacy_GoldandBlack.com

All-American
Gold Member
Apr 7, 2004
Wrote a feature on Garrett Hudson for the site tonight instead of a notebook off practice, but just cuz I know you guys are eager to hear what Darrell Hazell had to say about the facility stuff announced earlier, here it is:

"I am so thankful for president Daniels and Morgan Burke and obviously the new chairman of the board Mike Berghoff for seeing the need for us to have that new complex to help us become more competitive. It takes a lot of people to put this thing together and those guys have been rock stars, all three of those guys. To me, it speaks to the importance of football around Purdue, and that’s what we need. I’m thankful for those guys. It’s much-needed. We’re behind in terms of those facilities, and we need to catch up and that’ll help us not only with our current guys and being able to use that auxiliary space that we spend so much time in in terms of teaching but also in terms of recruiting the elite athlete that we need to recruit here. ...

"I think it’s beautiful. I think our players are going to love it, once they get into it, and I think our recruits are going to go crazy once they see what the plan is. ...

"There’s nothing like being able to pound your chest about the things that you have and being able to walk a future recruit in here, and it’s about our current players as well and helping those guys develop to be able to play at a high level. I think it’s going to be a phenomenal reward for the entire campus, Purdue community."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News