ADVERTISEMENT

Has Jael Johnson announced….

Haven’t heard. Would love to see her return, and her “situation” makes that scenario plausible. Especially if Purdue offers the grad courses she wants for her Masters degree - something in the Audiology (or similar) field I think?

IIRC, it was late spring or early summer (2021) before PurdueVB announced that Otec and Newton were coming back for a 5th season. So I guess there’s plenty of time for her to decide/announce, although I’m not sure what timeframe Shondell would require in order to plan for the next season.
We’ll stay tuned…..

If she is playing for Purdue next year?

I assumed that she would announce some soon after Aidan made his announcement.
Caitlyn Newton was the last to publicly announce she was coming back to this year's squad, and that was in the first week of June. So it may be awhile before we know.

I still think she ends up returning, on the pay board I was told she’s not, we’ll find out soon enough I guess.

Taylor Trammel entered the portal today, pretty much assured me that Jael will be returning next year.

Taylor Trammel entered the portal today, pretty much assured me that Jael will be returning next year.
Oh no…. Hate to hear that. I know she wasn’t a starter in the last half of the season as Raven Colvin really blossomed and took over that starting spot. But Taylor still had alot of meaningful, impactful minutes in a lot of games, and continued to work even harder, per the coaches. To lose a player this good speaks to the depth of Purdue VB. Wow.

I wish nothing but the best for her - hope she lands at a program where she can thrive and grow and can showcase her talent and skills. Like ALL the young ladies on the team, she is a classy representative of Purdue Univ and the team.

ADVERTISEMENT