ADVERTISEMENT

Happy birthday to Terone Johnson

Yeah, he was pretty effective in 2012 when he was like our 4th option. Solid player. When he had to be the #1 or #2 guy, it didn’t work as well. But that’s really CMPs fault for all the misses in the 09-11 classes.

Yeah, the '09 and '10 classes turned out to be average overall and '11 was a disaster. The '13 class ended up being very disappointing as well.

Last edited:
Yeah, he was pretty effective in 2012 when he was like our 4th option. Solid player. When he had to be the #1 or #2 guy, it didn’t work as well. But that’s really CMPs fault for all the misses in the 09-11 classes.

Terone Johnson was like Matt Kiefer in that regard. Two hard-nosed kids who didn't have a lot around them and couldn't quite carry the team on their own.

Back in 2005 and 2006 I used to say the problem wasn't Matt Kiefer, it was that Purdue needed 3 or 4 more Matt Kiefers. You could say the same thing about Terone Johnson in 2013 and 2014---except for the foul shooting, of course.

Reactions: Roeder and nagemj02
I always thought terone had a badass eurostep, and some good moves. Im not a basketball player, but I dont get being that good without being able to shoot free throws. I wish his career ended with him making that three in the big ten tournament. Still would have probanly lost in the final round or earlier, but still would have been special.

Reactions: rgarlitz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT