ADVERTISEMENT

Hammer and Rails

Must be desperate with the article title...

It's pretty clear several of these players were recruited over.

https://www.hammerandrails.com/2020...t=entry&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

Pat, I'm mad at you.

I violated one of my longstanding rules and knowingly clicked on their content. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Shame on me.

That's 30 seconds I won't get back. Almost as bad as when my wife and I willingly sat through 2 hours of Me, Myself and Irene. What a waste.

That is just horrendous writing.

Pat, I'm mad at you.

I violated one of my longstanding rules and knowingly clicked on their content. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Shame on me.

That's 30 seconds I won't get back. Almost as bad as when my wife and I willingly sat through 2 hours of Me, Myself and Irene. What a waste.

That is just horrendous writing.

I used to be OK with them. But over the past year or so their content has been more clickbait level writing.

https://www.hammerandrails.com/2020...t=entry&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook
What a horrible article. Lots of bad facts. First off, of the 12 players he lists...8 have already found new teams. He says “ sadly most of these will never play again”. Secondly, they are not all Brohm recruits, and lastly they weren’t all scholarship players. Some were walk ons. Does this idiot not know anything about the team???

What a horrible article. Lots of bad facts. First off, of the 12 players he lists...8 have already found new teams. He says “ sadly most of these will never play again”. Secondly, they are not all Brohm recruits, and lastly they weren’t all scholarship players. Some were walk ons. Does this idiot not know anything about the team???
Was just getting ready to post this. If you’re going to be a subpar writer, at least get your facts straight. Sheesh.

Reactions: BlkGoldHoops
Probably doesn’t know much given where he writes. It’s a bad fanboi blog

Reactions: BlkGoldHoops
Did I ever mention I also have a Degree in finance from the University of Texas ? and a masters Degree in management from the University of Georgia? and I was once a professor at Auburn University?

What did I learn from the marketing class I took? I learned eve n bad publicity is still good publicity. Fox news has some very smart people. they are not very truthful, but they are smart. and many fools believe what is said, and never know or even bother to check the facts. FOX news and Hannity have a lot more clicks than Snopes.

So why do you criticize hammer and rails for following in the same footsteps as FOX ? they are just doing what they have found to be a great business practice.

the truth? nobody cares about the truth. Hits are what the advertisers like to see. $$$$$$$. how many posts have been made on this board about Brohm's exciting offense sells more tickets. More tickets = more $$$$$. Would you rather have more wins like IU ? or more $$$$$$ ???

Did I ever mention I was offered a position at hammer and rails to be one of their columnists? They liked my ability to be able to say a lot about nothing. I can fill up a page.

I believe I mentioned this many times before about my reason for posting here. I've admitted many times I know almost nothing, but I've proven I know almost as much as the posters with the most posts here who claim to know it all.

Did I ever mention my prediction of purdue going 6-6, 6-6 and 7-5 the last three years. I admit I was wrong about last year. how much knowledge does one really need to have ? how much in depth analysis do you really need to know? you're not mrs reed or purdue coaches are you? you're just fans - just like me. right? Are yo u employed by purdue to inform the public? or do you just love regurgitating facts without any speculative analysis? Don't facts get boring after a while? have you never asked yourself what if ? or speculated?

So why do you even bother to read hammer and rails or complain about it? You already knew everything there is to know and what he was going to say. just look at the headlines at KHC. They are as informative as what is said that people pay for. So what's new with Leftwich from Georgia? Did he sign yet? My guess is NO. but you all saw the headline. that's why you come here. You hope somebody will reveal what's new. but the reality is there is nothing really new. just an update about what you and I already knew.

it's like why do you care what an athlete's ranking is at 24/7? if it's a high rating, you like it and you use it in your posts. . if it's low, you bad mouth 24/7. if you don't like somebody's opinion, you call them a roll or an IU lover. For all you know, they may be a UW troll in disguise.

Like hammer and rails, I forgot to mention , I graduated from the University of Texas at San Antonio. the diploma says Texas. If a student graduates from Purdue at Ft Wayne, do they even bother using Ft Wayne in their resume? Or do they abreviate to make people think they graduated from Purdue. The Air force thought my purdue EE degree was in engineering. Should i have told them the EE stood for Elementary education? There just wasn't enough space in in the form. Did I lie ? My degree is in EE. Did I mislead the federal government ? I gave them my transcript .

Do you see wha I just did? One or two of you may have and are very annoyed at me for doing so. 95% of you have no clue because you stopped reading at the begining of the first paragraph. but you read all of the hammer and rails article didn't you? and I could have been it's author. if you knew it was me, would you have bothered to read it? probably, just so you could diss it and argue with it.

some players were over recruited and left. Were their names haarms and eastern? it's the exact same story. Boom.

Last edited:
Reactions: jtanoos1
I used to be OK with them. But over the past year or so their content has been more clickbait level writing.

rambling incoherence. word salad. a lot of maybes, guesses,
Did I ever mention I also have a Degree in finance from the University of Texas ? and a masters Degree in management from the University of Georgia? and I was once a professor at Auburn University?

What did I learn from the marketing class I took? I learned eve n bad publicity is still good publicity. Fox news has some very smart people. they are not very truthful, but they are smart. and many fools believe what is said, and never know or even bother to check the facts. FOX news and Hannity have a lot more clicks than Snopes.

So why do you criticize hammer and rails for following in the same footsteps as FOX ? they are just doing what they have found to be a great business practice.

the truth? nobody cares about the truth. Hits are what the advertisers like to see. $$$$$$$. how many posts have been made on this board about Brohm's exciting offense sells more tickets. More tickets = more $$$$$. Would you rather have more wins like IU ? or more $$$$$$ ???

Did I ever mention I was offered a position at hammer and rails to be one of their columnists? They liked my ability to be able to say a lot about nothing. I can fill up a page.

I believe I mentioned this many times before about my reason for posting here. I've admitted many times I know almost nothing, but I've proven I know almost as much as the posters with the most posts here who claim to know it all.

Did I ever mention my prediction of purdue going 6-6, 6-6 and 7-5 the last three years. I admit I was wrong about last year. how much knowledge does one really need to have ? how much in depth analysis do you really need to know? you're not mrs reed or purdue coaches are you? you're just fans - just like me. right? Are yo u employed by purdue to inform the public? or do you just love regurgitating facts without any speculative analysis? Don't facts get boring after a while? have you never asked yourself what if ? or speculated?

So why do you even bother to read hammer and rails or complain about it? You already knew everything there is to know and what he was going to say. just look at the headlines at KHC. They are as informative as what is said that people pay for. So what's new with Leftwich from Georgia? Did he sign yet? My guess is NO. but you all saw the headline. that's why you come here. You hope somebody will reveal what's new. but the reality is there is nothing really new. just an update about what you and I already knew.

it's like why do you care what an athlete's ranking is at 24/7? if it's a high rating, you like it and you use it in your posts. . if it's low, you bad mouth 24/7. if you don't like somebody's opinion, you call them a roll or an IU lover. For all you know, they may be a UW troll in disguise.

Like hammer and rails, I forgot to mention , I graduated from the University of Texas at San Antonio. the diploma says Texas. If a student graduates from Purdue at Ft Wayne, do they even bother using Ft Wayne in their resume? Or do they abreviate to make people think they graduated from Purdue. The Air force thought my purdue EE degree was in engineering. Should i have told them the EE stood for Elementary education? There just wasn't enough space in in the form. Did I lie ? My degree is in EE. Did I mislead the federal government ? I gave them my transcript .

Do you see wha I just did? One or two of you may have and are very annoyed at me for doing so. 95% of you have no clue because you stopped reading at the begining of the first paragraph. but you read all of the hammer and rails article didn't you? and I could have been it's author. if you knew it was me, would you have bothered to read it? probably, just so you could diss it and argue with it.

some players were over recruited and left. Were their names haarms and eastern? it's the exact same story. Boom.

???

You lost me (and, likely, most everyone else) in the first paragraph.

You have experience.

okay.

good grief, bigs. If you have a point, do it in under 30,000 words.

boom.

Wow. I’m not a long time board member and have actually given you the benefit of the doubt sometimes when they are calling you an idiot. Nope. I was wrong. An idiot. And senile. A senile idiot. Not a good look.

You forgot to mention that you once broke your arm patting yourself on your back

Reactions: JohnHoosierr

1. why don’t you post the title of the article so we don’t have to click on the link to find out what you’re talking about?

2. Can we just all agree that the site sucks and not post every time we disagree with something they write? I have a conspiracy theory that’s gaining traction in my head that people who post here to “complain” about it are actually doing so to drive up traffic.

1. why don’t you post the title of the article so we don’t have to click on the link to find out what you’re talking about?

2. Can we just all agree that the site sucks and not post every time we disagree with something they write? I have a conspiracy theory that’s gaining traction in my head that people who post here to “complain” about it are actually doing so to drive up traffic.

1) Sorry, I did it on a phone, so my ability to make all your wishes come true were limited.

2). Nothing could be further from the truth in this case.

Reactions: njm8845
ADVERTISEMENT