ADVERTISEMENT

Hagen is back.

Funny how they announce how one is leaving and before long announce his replacement. I'm sure they know who the next DC will be but waiting to finalize deal

Funny how they announce how one is leaving and before long announce his replacement. I'm sure they know who the next DC will be but waiting to finalize deal

I'm sure that most coaches don't want to burn bridges behind them when they leave, after all, there is a fairly small pool of candidates for positions. So I think that wise ones would want to leave on good terms and give some notice so a replacement can be found or perhaps its the other way, being told previously that he would be terminated.

I've always wondered in the past when Brohm wanted to get more available scholarships, that he told players that they wouldn't be playing, and actually found them positions with other teams.

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1
Hard to hate this hire IMO. Has Purdue experience (that was good) and has DC experience. Good guy. Good recruiter.

Maybe hes the fallback just in case we don't get our DC too

Reactions: DAG10
Great hire. Also I think to bodes well for the DC position as I don't think someone as established as him takes a job where the DC is in question or potentially someone he doesn't want to work with.

No connection beetween the two defensive transfers from the SEC in the past few days either. Interesting that at least the DE thinks highly enough of him to come sight unseen.

Agreed - terrific hire! Great guy, great coach, great recruiter.
I would not mind seeing Purdue regain a presence in the state of Texas...maybe Hagen taps into that a bit with his connections there, and, perhaps even if some guys look to transfer with the coaching change(s) there.

Hagen Das come back, glad to see it.
Agree about Mark Hagen. The guy I was replying to was talking about Brock Spack. That is highly unlikely. He was talking about "the coach in waiting". Spack is 60? Do you think Brohm would somebody as a "coach in waiting"? I surely don't.

Agree about Mark Hagen. The guy I was replying to was talking about Brock Spack. That is highly unlikely. He was talking about "the coach in waiting". Spack is 60? Do you think Brohm would somebody as a "coach in waiting"? I surely don't.
Didn’t realize Spack was 60...time flies!!!

Sure! Jeff decides to walk off into the sunset in 2036, and we promote 75 year old Brock to the top spot ! Seamless transition!

ADVERTISEMENT