ADVERTISEMENT

Haas has shown well tonight impacting the game tonight...

definitely will be reliant on the players around him but with guards and wings who know what they are doing, he can be successful. I like his chances to make the Jazz’s G League affiliate, come back next year for the summer league, and split time between the G League and NBA in year 2.

Ended up 5 points and 5 boards on 0-3 from the floor...but he looked more comfortable. He got the ball in the low post only once and that is where his strength is. I could see Utah looking for develop him and use him in a similar manner to how he was used at times this past season. If the Jazz are looking to milk a game, insert Haas and dump the ball down low...allow him to either make the shot or get fouled.

He also got a T for a scuffle...nice to see him being aggressive.

Also, Biggie with an ehhh game as well. If he wants to play in the NBA, he has to get more consistent on the offensive end but again...summer league is about as good as watching AAU ball.

Looking forward to catching all 4 former Boiler’s games this weekend. But I agree with you SIBoiler2, I have a hard time with the current NBA game. The progression should be, HS, College, AAU, and NBA.

Looking forward to catching all 4 former Boiler’s games this weekend. But I agree with you SIBoiler2, I have a hard time with the current NBA game. The progression should be, HS, College, AAU, and NBA.
Listened to Karl Malone during the Utah game and he seemed very frustrated with how the NBA has evolved and made it, as he alluded to, almost impossible to guard any one. He said he would foul out in every game if he played right now. Also made fun of the players and asked if any of them actually lifted weights, lol. Malone did have a point though that once the NBA latched on to the idea of offense putting butts in the seats and changing the way the game is called, it ruined the game. The NFL has done the same for DB’s in the passing game imo.

Pack your bags for Europe

I think this is probably right. If I’m IH I give it my best shot this summer to make an NBA roster but my agent is working overseas options heavily. If I don’t make a roster I pull a JJ and say F the G league, I’m heading overseas to make some bank. Have to figure IH would be a good draw.

Reactions: samcboiler
Listened to Karl Malone during the Utah game and he seemed very frustrated with how the NBA has evolved and made it, as he alluded to, almost impossible to guard any one. He said he would foul out in every game if he played right now. Also made fun of the players and asked if any of them actually lifted weights, lol. Malone did have a point though that once the NBA latched on to the idea of offense putting butts in the seats and changing the way the game is called, it ruined the game. The NFL has done the same for DB’s in the passing game imo.
Disagree completely. I love today’s NBA. I HATED watching guys like Malone and Barkley backing people down one on one for most of the 24 second shot clock, and the Pistons and Knicks grab and hold everybody.

Disagree completely. I love today’s NBA. I HATED watching guys like Malone and Barkley backing people down one on one for most of the 24 second shot clock, and the Pistons and Knicks grab and hold everybody.
Didn’t say I preferred the old style...just relaying what Malone said. I wish the defense was given more leeway like they are given in the playoffs at times instead of protecting guys.

Didn’t say I preferred the old style...just relaying what Malone said. I wish the defense was given more leeway like they are given in the playoffs at times instead of protecting guys.
Gotcha.
Defense should be played with your feet, not your hands. Don’t like any of the grabbing and hand checking.

Gotcha.
Defense should be played with your feet, not your hands. Don’t like any of the grabbing and hand checking.
I loved the NBA in the 80s and then drifted away from it until about a year or so ago. My son loves it and I’ve started following it with him. Having Brad Stevens in BOS close by helps keep me interested too. I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable it is...particularly the playoffs. The summer league is nothing like the real league.

ADVERTISEMENT