ADVERTISEMENT

Greg Gard

TX4GB

All-American
May 19, 2012
Reactions: Poprudy
They were way over ranked last year due to a miracle run that helped them tie for a big ten title the previous year. They had a lot of experience but none of their players were particularly talented. Zero guys drafted. Wasn’t surprised to see them take a step back as I never thought they had the talent to be a top team.

Gonna give Gard some credit here. Sounds like he at least genuinely tried to listen to some harsh criticism. Not a Brad Davison fan but agree when he said he was disappointed that someone decided to release the closed-locker room recording.

Is anything sacred anymore?
I agree with this. The audio is edited and he still sounds like he listened to what they had to say. This thing reminds me of the fiasco Painter went through with certain players with sauce.

I'm going to throw in with Gard on this unless there was some kind of abuse going on. The act of recording and releasing a private team discussion is cowardly and 2-faced. And the complaints are downright snow-flakey. Ooooh, he doesn't CARE enough about me as a person. Waaah, he doesn't TELL me how much he loves me. Boo-hoo What drama queens there in Madison. Sign of the times..

I'm going to throw in with Gard on this unless there was some kind of abuse going on. The act of recording and releasing a private team discussion is cowardly and 2-faced. And the complaints are downright snow-flakey. Ooooh, he doesn't CARE enough about me as a person. Waaah, he doesn't TELL me how much he loves me. Boo-hoo What drama queens there in Madison. Sign of the times..
True but you also dont know what was promised to them when they were recruited. Or maybe things just changed. If you pride yourself on being a great team and building on a system where a team mindset is more critical to your success (unlike a Kentucky or Duke), I would think that what the players were saying is important.

I agree with this. The audio is edited and he still sounds like he listened to what they had to say. This thing reminds me of the fiasco Painter went through with certain players with sauce.
And a player who left, committed to Michigan saying that Painter didn't let him play "his game", and is still looking for someplace to play.

We all know that there are slimy coaches out there. But we also know that there are players who behave like spoiled children who are looking for someone to blame if they don't get their way. As Gene Keady might say, releasing this audio as they did was not the act of a man.

ADVERTISEMENT