ADVERTISEMENT

Graduate Transfers

I hate to say it, but you three are making me feel young! you're all at least 5 years older than me.

and I have my family's Schult single-wide mobile home to thank for sending me to Purdue. My mother told me the only way to get out of that trailer park was to get a college education and a good job. So I went to Purdue, and never went back home. My mother eventually also left that hole. My neighbors also left that hole, but they went to jail .

I hate to say it, but you three are making me feel young! you're all at least 5 years older than me.

and I have my family's Schult single-wide mobile home to thank for sending me to Purdue. My mother told me the only way to get out of that trailer park was to get a college education and a good job. So I went to Purdue, and never went back home. My mother eventually also left that hole. My neighbors also left that hole, but they went to jail .

Nuthin' wrong with a trailer park, bigs.

Pretty sure I read that on this forum...

If it's on the internet, it must be true.

Nuthin' wrong with a trailer park, bigs.

Pretty sure I read that on this forum...

If it's on the internet, it must be true.

nothing wrong with it. I personally hated it. Some very bad personal experiences living in one.

His stats look good, 18 ppg, 6 rebounds, efficient scorer (in that league) but what stood out is that his stats did not improve from freshman year to junior year. That doesn't mean he didn't get better, maybe he was more on the scouted report and double teamed. Something to note though, compared to say someone like Jon Octeaus, who got better every year in college.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
I hope we heavily pursue them. Sam would fill an immediate need at the 4, and Joey would obviously be a perfect replacement for Sam the following year.
Sam won't be a grad transfer, so both would have to sit out a year. I think we should still go for it. We know next year could likely be a small step back anyways. Might as well load up on talent for the following year.

Dang Woman!!! One of my son's went into the AF straight out of HS. He now has a PhD in Computer forensics and speaks and write/reads fluent Arabic. The service is an awesome career if you can get choice of specialty.

So true. I used my 98 on the ASVAP to pick Security Forces in the AF. While I ended up doing exactly what I wanted and did nothing but combat ops in Afghanistan, I do regret not choosing something that would benefit me more over the long haul.

So true. I used my 98 on the ASVAP to pick Security Forces in the AF. While I ended up doing exactly what I wanted and did nothing but combat ops in Afghanistan, I do regret not choosing something that would benefit me more over the long haul.
You at Ft. Gordon? at 18, one chooses what one loves ... at 32, one sees the future for the first time. And damn man - a 98! I know Gordon is Army, but there are some airmen lurking there at times.

You at Ft. Gordon? at 18, one chooses what one loves ... at 32, one sees the future for the first time. And damn man - a 98! I know Gordon is Army, but there are some airmen lurking there at times.

No, I was born and raised here, was stationed at ft Bragg and after cross training to Eod I had kidney failure during training and ended up being processed out and ended up back in Augusta after multiple stops in between. And as far as the 98, yeah they were begging me not to pick what I did but I was stubborn and they realized they had to give me what I wanted or I’d walk. Like I said, I got exactly what I wanted and I wouldn’t trade my experience for anything, just didn’t benefit me in the long run. So here I am a combat vet with no practical skills haha

No, I was born and raised here, was stationed at ft Bragg and after cross training to Eod I had kidney failure during training and ended up being processed out and ended up back in Augusta after multiple stops in between. And as far as the 98, yeah they were begging me not to pick what I did but I was stubborn and they realized they had to give me what I wanted or I’d walk. Like I said, I got exactly what I wanted and I wouldn’t trade my experience for anything, just didn’t benefit me in the long run. So here I am a combat vet with no practical skills haha
Well, thanks for your time. Actually, you do have leadership skills, organizatio skills, teamwork skills, much of what is missing in todays applicants!!!

The funny thing is that my son has a PhD in cyber security and speaks fluent Arabic . . . and just wants to live on his mini-farm and raise bees and garden. He has offers like crazy, but they're all to go places he doesn't want to go again. Interesting story on his ASFAB and specialty journey, but it has nothing to do with PU basketball!!! He's hanging on until 24 years for the last promotion . . . well worth the extra 3 years.

Reactions: Beeazlebub
Sam won't be a grad transfer, so both would have to sit out a year. I think we should still go for it. We know next year could likely be a small step back anyways. Might as well load up on talent for the following year.
The local media is pretty adamant about CMP wanting 3 scholarships available for 2020. I’m hoping its because he has his eyes on 3 big time prospects he thinks he has a great chance at landing.

The local media is pretty adamant about CMP wanting 3 scholarships available for 2020. I’m hoping its because he has his eyes on 3 big time prospects he thinks he has a great chance at landing.
Talitz
*Love
Ivey
*Fletcher
Garcia
*Dickinson

? I think the asterisks are the hot ones, plus Ivey if he doesn't choose ND.

I had a few friends who used their security clearance to get a high paying job after leaving the military in Saudi. 6 figure jobs were easy to obtain if you had the right clearance.

I also had a couple of friends who were part of family as part of their military experience and the family would not allow them to retire or leave the family.

Talitz
*Love
Ivey
*Fletcher
Garcia
*Dickinson

? I think the asterisks are the hot ones, plus Ivey if he doesn't choose ND.
Good list.

Would also add Ben Carlson, Kerwin Walton and LJ Cryer. Though I believe Carlson and Walton are more realistic options IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT