ADVERTISEMENT

Grad Transfer Update

Apr 12, 2017
From Twitter:

Ben Holt.

Edit: Sorry guys, was originally tweeted by Corey Ross but it looks like it was removed. GBI probably flipped and told him to remove it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boilers424
Wow, that's good news. We were a little thin at LB beyond the projected starters (Bailey, Barnes, and Jones, I'm assuming). This helps.

I looked at WKU's roster and it showed R-Sr. & 220 lbs. A few questions come to mind:
1) Is this a one year deal?
2) Is his weight too light as most Big 10 LBS are in the 230-240 range?

I'm sure he earned it and can be a contributor, but will it be more of a reserve roll?

I looked at WKU's roster and it showed R-Sr. & 220 lbs. A few questions come to mind:

I'm sure he earned it and can be a contributor, but will it be more of a reserve roll?
He has one year left. We need the depth... badly.

Clemson had a starting LB 5'10" 225 and I don't think they had any issues defensively because of it.

Clemson had a starting LB 5'10" 225 and I don't think they had any issues defensively because of it.
Size is so overrated in CFB. If you can play you can play.

Reactions: neckster87
Does this mean that Holt is taking our last spot in 2019 or he is a grad transfer walk on (not sure if that is possible or not)?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT