ADVERTISEMENT

Gotta think this should help CMP recruiting

I don't follow why it would help recruiting. No more games on ESPN... instead there will be games on Fox and NBC. That helps recruiting, how?

I don't follow why it would help recruiting. No more games on ESPN... instead there will be games on Fox and NBC. That helps recruiting, how?
Probably referring to the increase in revenue.

But with NIL, fancy new facilities aren't really moving the needle anymore with Top 50 recruits. Its more about the side hustle.

As some have mentioned in other threads, revenue bumps should in theory allow the athletic department expenses to be covered mostly apart from private donations, which in turn allows private donors to invest more in NIL alliances. This is the advantage that Big Ten schools can wield over others like SMU.
Remains to be seen how this actually plays out.

Probably referring to the increase in revenue.

But with NIL, fancy new facilities aren't really moving the needle anymore with Top 50 recruits. Its more about the side hustle.

As some have mentioned in other threads, revenue bumps should in theory allow the athletic department expenses to be covered mostly apart from private donations, which in turn allows private donors to invest more in NIL alliances. This is the advantage that Big Ten schools can wield over others like SMU.
Remains to be seen how this actually plays out.
Agree this is what I’m getting at

Agree this is what I’m getting at
I read something on the Iowa board about in the future, B1G schools being allowed to distribute a cut of the revenue to student athletes. A stipend has been in play for several years now. Not sure what the limits are on that or who sets the limits. This would certainly be much cleaner than trying to redirect donations to NIL. And even a small percentage, say 3%, would equate to about $2M payroll, which blows away anything the Purdue community could pull together in the NIL alliances.

I read something on the Iowa board about in the future, B1G schools being allowed to distribute a cut of the revenue to student athletes. A stipend has been in play for several years now. Not sure what the limits are on that or who sets the limits. This would certainly be much cleaner than trying to redirect donations to NIL. And even a small percentage, say 3%, would equate to about $2M payroll, which blows away anything the Purdue community could pull together in the NIL alliances.

Yes - revenue sharing is the next biggest piece of the puzzle.....is collective bargaining far behind? It's close to a runaway train now......

Two million spread over a couple hundred athletes isn't that much.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT