ADVERTISEMENT

Good To See Fuller Playing

I’d be willing to bet if he’s healthy at this point he’ll wait 2 more games so he can play the last 4, take his RS and come back for a 5th year.
Absolutely no way that would happen, he was projected as an early round pick before this season. Missing a year in the pros to come back to Purdue could never make up the lost income. He’s either waiting until he’s totally 100% or deciding to skip the season and hit the combine hoping someone will take him in the first three rounds.

Best case for him (and us) is he comes back for three or four games and absolutely tears it up. I’m betting that’s what his agent/handlers are advising.

Absolutely no way that would happen, he was projected as an early round pick before this season. Missing a year in the pros to come back to Purdue could never make up the lost income. He’s either waiting until he’s totally 100% or deciding to skip the season and hit the combine hoping someone will take him in the first three rounds.

Best case for him (and us) is he comes back for three or four games and absolutely tears it up. I’m betting that’s what his agent/handlers are advising.

It’s a plausible scenario. He’d be hedging his bets though...which is smart. Always a possibility he plays 4 games and does well but still doesn’t project as a high round guy because of injury concerns and a limited sample size. Not going first 2 days costs you a lot more money.

If I’m him and I’m not a top 3 round pick, I’d come back and try to creep back up Draft boards.

yes, and the thread covered 4 players, as I stated, with the subject being Fuller.

You can calculate whatever number of years you like, but (and I typically don't like predictions like this) Neal ain't coming back, IMHO.
85, you were dangerously close to admitting you were wrong about something. Don’t ever change. ;)

yes, and the thread covered 4 players, as I stated, with the subject being Fuller.

You can calculate whatever number of years you like, but (and I typically don't like predictions like this) Neal ain't coming back, IMHO.
He might not even play. If he doesn’t play, it would be quite foolish IMO to roll the dice and hope the NFL takes a chance. He’d be costing himself money at that point.

If he does play in the last 4, my thought would be that he has an eye on coming back next year. If not, why wait til the last 4 for a RS year?

Correct. He was granted a 6th.
I think he will use that 60 year, wouldn’t he want to go into coaching? Very smart young man. Has multiple engineer in degree’s once he gets his masters from one of the best engineers schools in the country. He can learn from some very good coaches and then go and pursue his career in engineering and coach high school football?

ADVERTISEMENT