ADVERTISEMENT

Good Game?

purduepat1969

All-American
Sep 28, 2011
LOL, nice to have the win! And, however painful and crazy as it was, to close out a close game.

It's interesting, in that if this team could put it all together and limit the mistakes, it could be a really, really good team. Maybe we continue to see that growth over the next several games and put together a special season...

LOL, nice to have the win! And, however painful and crazy as it was, to close out a close game.

It's interesting, in that if this team could put it all together and limit the mistakes, it could be a really, really good team. Maybe we continue to see that growth over the next several games and put together a special season...
Aidan is still a skosh off, but next week and the bye should have him ready for the final stretch.

With Purdue they could very easily run the table and win the rest of their games, or run the table and lose the rest of their games! They are definitely not a team for gamblers to bet on!

Ugly win is better than any kind of loss. We beat a good team on the road with a good QB. We gotta take and like it.
Get outta there with a W!

fans survive another purdue game

RedAnimatedBrocketdeer-max-1mb.gif

These kind of wins build the fan bases character, or so I have been told. In my case I've been a character forever so I don't think I really need it. :)
Plus I keep the owners of Corona in business with my compulsion of Corona Light during these games. The games start at 10 AM here and I'm sloughed by 1 pm.

This team is 2-4 plays away from being 6-0 and in the top 8 in the country. A couple of them mental errors.

Ugly win is better than any kind of loss. We beat a good team on the road with a good QB. We gotta take and like it.
According the Graham Couch - you can maintain dignity while getting your teeth kicked in.

PS Graham is the MSU writer who does his weird AP basketball ranking votes that cost us a #1 ranking a few years back.

Personally, it's the difference between 2 losses and undefeated.

2-0 in our road trip while turning the ball over 6 times is a great result.
Start-to-finish, aside of the cake walk against ISU (and it even had some hiccups), Purdue has yet to play not only a complete game, but, it has not come close to even a good collective game on both sides of the ball.

O'Connell has not been near what he was last year (yet, still good obviously)...the offense has carried the defense a couple of times, and, the defense has carried the offense to some extent at others.

It almost seems like wishful thinking at this point, but, IF Purdue could get healthy, and, IF guys could play to their genuine potential, this is a pretty solid group seemingly. There are certainly some flaws still, but, it is a team more than capable of playing with anyone on their schedule.

I am still admittedly VERY bothered by the defensive (and secondary specifically) breakdowns at the end of a half and/or game, and, that is something that should have already been fixed.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER

My prediction is we’ll finish in top 20 rankings

ADVERTISEMENT