ADVERTISEMENT

Good game Boilers

Jan 31, 2005
That was a tight game through 3 quarters. Both offensive lines struggled with the opposite d-line as I suspected. Felt like the difference was ND had a couple more playmakers on offense than Purdue. I really hope Bell is ok, the way his head bounced off the ground was brutal.

I still think ND is a 8 or 9 win team this year, but maybe they’ll keep improving. I do think ND’s defense has the pieces to be legitimately good, particularly as they get more adjusted to this new defensive system. Purdue looked more athletic on defense than I’ve seen in recent years too. Good luck the rest of the way.

That was a tight game through 3 quarters. Both offensive lines struggled with the opposite d-line as I suspected. Felt like the difference was ND had a couple more playmakers on offense than Purdue. I really hope Bell is ok, the way his head bounced off the ground was brutal.

I still think ND is a 8 or 9 win team this year, but maybe they’ll keep improving. I do think ND’s defense has the pieces to be legitimately good, particularly as they get more adjusted to this new defensive system. Purdue looked more athletic on defense than I’ve seen in recent years too. Good luck the rest of the way.

@NDAFArly this is what a reasonable ND poster looks like.

Classy post. Good luck the rest of the way.

Crazy you guys need all that hand holding and babysitting to beat us by 14. The revenge? Alabama will always be able to look at you and be like “you and your sorry ass referees and your network are all about to take one in the face” lol

Reactions: BBG
Crazy you guys need all that hand holding and babysitting to beat us by 14. The revenge? Alabama will always be able to look at you and be like “you and your sorry ass referees and your network are all about to take one in the face” lol
What can I say, we are down this year. No doubt about it. I would have sour grapes too if I were in your shoes and had a legitimate shot at beating ND this year. I’m glad you are able to live vicariously through Bama if that’s what you need to do to enjoy college football.

Reactions: Riveting
What can I say, we are down this year. No doubt about it. I would have sour grapes too if I were in your shoes and had a legitimate shot at beating ND this year. I’m glad you are able to live vicariously through Bama if that’s what you need to do to enjoy college football.
It’s not sour grapes. Sour grapes would be if we weren’t good enough but I was mad. Like if officials didn’t make those two calls

for your 12th man.. defensive holding and PI are the new “fumble after the opposing player has been down for 9 seconds” lol

I can be nicer sometimes

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Riveting
It’s not sour grapes. Sour grapes would be if we weren’t good enough but I was mad. Like if officials didn’t make those two calls

for your 12th man.. defensive holding and PI are the new “fumble after the opposing player has been down for 9 seconds” lol
C'mon man. You're the one who got shitty with him. Don't be that guy...

Reactions: pboiler18
Can I ask you something? What is it like being the kid who runs smack, gets hit in the eye .. but ultimately wins the war because mommy knows the school admin

do you like winning that way? I would feel like a b*tch
Hey dude. This irish fan comes here and says all the right things. Gets 14 likes from boiler fans, and you continue attacking him. What's up with that?

Hey dude. This irish fan comes here and says all the right things. Gets 14 likes from boiler fans, and you continue attacking him. What's up with that?
I don’t like the officiating.. I never said he was a bad guy personally.. I’m not talking about him. I’m talking about the whole circus act put on by the officiating. He’s a nice guy

C'mon man. You're the one who got shitty with him. Don't be that guy...
I’m not mad at him. I’m tired of the officiating we get. How do you think it feels to be Jalen Graham and have that call go against you after you bust your ass 12 months a year.

I’m not saying yooperirish fan threw the flag … he’s a nice guy lol

I’m not mad at him. I’m tired of the officiating we get. How do you think it feels to be Jalen Graham and have that call go against you after you bust your ass 12 months a year.

It’s all good, college officiating is brutal. FWIW I’m about as objective as they come when it comes to calls, and I thought the 2nd PI ND drew on that field goal drive was garbage. I thought the hold on 4th down was legit, because the Purdue defender had a hold of Mayer when he tried to break out on his route. I also thought there should have been a PI on ND on that long pass down the sideline in the 4th quarter. The ND defender made a half assed attempt to find the ball and I think that’s what kept the ref from throwing the flag, but normally that one probably gets called.
Like I said, good luck this year. I’m hoping you guys are a solid 6-6, 7-5 type team, but my fear is you are not and we are about to get our shit pushed in by Wisky, but we’ll see!

It’s all good, college officiating is brutal. FWIW I’m about as objective as they come when it comes to calls, and I thought the 2nd PI ND drew on that field goal drive was garbage. I thought the hold on 4th down was legit, because the Purdue defender had a hold of Mayer when he tried to break out on his route. I also thought there should have been a PI on ND on that long pass down the sideline in the 4th quarter. The ND defender made a half assed attempt to find the ball and I think that’s what kept the ref from throwing the flag, but normally that one probably gets called.
Like I said, good luck this year. I’m hoping you guys are a solid 6-6, 7-5 type team, but my fear is you are not and we are about to get our shit pushed in by Wisky, but we’ll see!
You’re alright dude but I’m still mad about that charade I watched yesterday.

me yesterday …

If you are tired of the football officiating against us, please don’t watch us during the BT basketball season then.

Reactions: Purdue85
I don’t like the officiating.. I never said he was a bad guy personally.. I’m not talking about him. I’m talking about the whole circus act put on by the officiating. He’s a nice guy
The officiating was fine. I was there, up close, watching #7 get away with all kinds of PI and holding on ND receivers.

Edit: @Yooper Irishfan - come by anytime.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT