ADVERTISEMENT

Give young players a chance

FLAG HUNTER

Junior
Oct 2, 2014
Just was thinking about people complaining about defense, especially the DB's. I remember watching Cris Dishman get abused by Eddie Brown and Bernie Kosar when Purdue played Miami, fans were yelling to get him off the field and how bad he was. While not everyone will be a Cris Dishman, the young players will get alot better with experience . Go Boilers

Just was thinking about people complaining about defense, especially the DB's. I remember watching Cris Dishman get abused by Eddie Brown and Bernie Kosar when Purdue played Miami, fans were yelling to get him off the field and how bad he was. While not everyone will be a Cris Dishman, the young players will get alot better with experience . Go Boilers
Random story but Chris lived in my neighborhood in Houston and I got a chance to meet him at an event. He is a great guy.

Don't understand why Mackey and Major don't play more. Especially in spots where Cason and Blackmon are getting eaten alive (which seems to be any play they are on the field).

We finally got some stops when Mackey and Major were in late in the Mizzou game. Its clear that while those guys make some mistakes they also have the best potential for a big play. This D needs those big plays because we don't have anybody who is going to consistently make EVERY play.

Don't understand why Mackey and Major don't play more. Especially in spots where Cason and Blackmon are getting eaten alive (which seems to be any play they are on the field).

We finally got some stops when Mackey and Major were in late in the Mizzou game. Its clear that while those guys make some mistakes they also have the best potential for a big play. This D needs those big plays because we don't have anybody who is going to consistently make EVERY play.
Both of those young CB's were playing in the first half. Major was taken out when he made some glaring mistakes but was brought back in later.

Reactions: ChuckJr
Random story but Chris lived in my neighborhood in Houston and I got a chance to meet him at an event. He is a great guy.
He grew up a lot from his days in college. I played basketball against Dishman twice, and he was a pompous jerk then. “Give it to the Dish, Give it to the Dish” was all he’d say the whole game. He played dirty and was a hotdog. He would push opponents if they made a good play against him. Rod Woodson played on that same team, and he was much cooler and more talented. He was respectful even after blowing us out. I consider it one of my highlights that I scored 10 points against Woodson. He was the best athlete I’ve ever had the pleasure of facing. And he was a pretty cool dude I thought.

Holt wants to trust that players will be where they should be on the field all the time. Blackmon and Cason just know the scheme better. Blackmon needs to sit. He’s not starter quality.

Reactions: pboiler18
I have vague memories of 'high 5 and deep 6" when Dishman played.

The only time I distinctly remember Dishman was on a running play (I can't even remember who had the ball), but they were at about the 20, apparently ready to score. There was a blocker between Dishman and the ball carrier.

We probably were behind by 3 TD's, but Dishman jumped over the blocker and brought the runner down. I became an instant fan!

I have vague memories of 'high 5 and deep 6" when Dishman played.

The only time I distinctly remember Dishman was on a running play (I can't even remember who had the ball), but they were at about the 20, apparently ready to score. There was a blocker between Dishman and the ball carrier.

We probably were behind by 3 TD's, but Dishman jumped over the blocker and brought the runner down. I became an instant fan!
There is no doubt. He was a gifted athlete.

ADVERTISEMENT