ADVERTISEMENT

Gillis

Welcome to the game! Now, don't dissapear--- keep it going into 2nd half and onward into season. Consistency.
Tremendous first half!

Welcome to the game, indeed.

giphy.gif

He does so much more than his pts and rebounds.
Dont' think many grasp the import of having a tough guy on the floor.
He rocks guys when he hits them. They don't come back as hard the next time.
Did anyone (else) notice how much better Trevion got once Gillis started playing?
He didn't have to be the only guy crashing the boards, setting hard picks and battling the other teams bruisers.

Trust that Coach understands, appreciated and values those non stats that make winning teams better.

He does so much more than his pts and rebounds.
Dont' think many grasp the import of having a tough guy on the floor.
He rocks guys when he hits them. They don't come back as hard the next time.
Did anyone (else) notice how much better Trevion got once Gillis started playing?
He didn't have to be the only guy crashing the boards, setting hard picks and battling the other teams bruisers.

Trust that Coach understands, appreciated and values those non stats that make winning teams better.

Your statements while true, also might infer that Furst isn't just as tough.

I think Furst is not only tough but a better player. But still, I trust CMP's substitution patterns, and think it is working out for the team and for the players individually, and helps them both keep fresh where both can be the tough guy that wears on opponents.

Last edited:
Your statements while true, also might infer that Furst isn't just as tough.

I think Furst is not only tough but a better player. But still, I trust CMP's substitution patterns, and think it is working out for the team and for the players individually, and helps them both keep fresh where both can be the tough guy that wears on opponents.
Love Caleb and his game.
That said, nobody fears him at this point.
He's a soph and while a big guy he's not that intimidating (and seems the nice guy that he is).
Another year in the weight room and we'll talk.
I do feel that Mason has shown the way for Caleb and others and Caleb especially seems to be taking it to heart.
Love the hustle!
I'd wager there are guys that aren't looking forward to playing Mason again.
You see respect in their eyes, and things seldom get chippy with Gillis on the floor.
Nobody really messes with Mason. He has a look (and physique) that stones people cold. ;)
Good to one of those guys.
Amazing to have two! :)

Love Caleb and his game.
That said, nobody fears him at this point.
He's a soph and while a big guy he's not that intimidating (and seems the nice guy that he is).
Another year in the weight room and we'll talk.
I do feel that Mason has shown the way for Caleb and others and Caleb especially seems to be taking it to heart.
Love the hustle!
I'd wager there are guys that aren't looking forward to playing Mason again.
You see respect in their eyes, and things seldom get chippy with Gillis on the floor.
Nobody really messes with Mason. He has a look (and physique) that stones people cold. ;)
Good to one of those guys.
Amazing to have two! :)
I don't think either are Intimidating, but both basketball gifted. I like both of their games as Furst can post, look over the defense and score from multiple spots on the floor. Gillis is a gritty bulldog, that gives us toughness, shoots well from the perimeter and makes good decisions. Like you said "Amazing to have two"

Love Gillis, but he needs to keep playing on his terrific instinct and not hesitate...that's when he gets in trouble.

I don't think either are Intimidating, but both basketball gifted. I like both of their games as Furst can post, look over the defense and score from multiple spots on the floor. Gillis is a gritty bulldog, that gives us toughness, shoots well from the perimeter and makes good decisions. Like you said "Amazing to have two"
Go watch some game film from the past 2 years and I think you'll find plenty of evidence of opponents not messing with Mason. He's a nice kid apparently, but he's got a NASTY look and the physique and attitude (game time anyway) to back it up. I honestly don't see how you could miss it. 2 years ago the Boilers became a different team and Trevion MUCH better when he got someone to take some of the physical load off him. Very weak rebounding and interior defense until Mason started playing regular minutes. Then they transformed.
I watched Caleb play for 3 years in hs. I had no doubt he would be a factor and that he could play the 4 spot with a big center. He's been tremendous the last few games and taking more of those prime minutes. He's playing better than I thought he could/would at THIS point in his career.
Awfully good problem to have :)

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Go watch some game film from the past 2 years and I think you'll find plenty of evidence of opponents not messing with Mason. He's a nice kid apparently, but he's got a NASTY look and the physique and attitude (game time anyway) to back it up. I honestly don't see how you could miss it. 2 years ago the Boilers became a different team and Trevion MUCH better when he got someone to take some of the physical load off him. Very weak rebounding and interior defense until Mason started playing regular minutes. Then they transformed.
I watched Caleb play for 3 years in hs. I had no doubt he would be a factor and that he could play the 4 spot with a big center. He's been tremendous the last few games and taking more of those prime minutes. He's playing better than I thought he could/would at THIS point in his career.

The guy is 230 pounds of pure muscle. He would look good on the football field.

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
Love Gillis. But I’d love it even more if Furst could prove he’s just as good. And then we could switch the players in and out with zero loss of intensity!

I never "missed" his size. Do you realize that his overall height/weight are about avg for his position? I love Mason's game, but this isn't intimidating. If these kids are Intimidated by his size then Braden Smith wouldn't be playing....pay attention....kids aren't Intimidated at this level or shouldn't be.

Last edited:
Reactions: mathboy
ADVERTISEMENT