ADVERTISEMENT

Geovante Howard in the Transfer Portal

Second time in the portal in 4 months.

curious timing considering the semester just ended
you have to wonder why he entered twice, the only play I remember w/ him is where he got beat on a long TD pass.

And yet another top recruit (JUCO) gone...

Top recruit? A 3 star JUCO transfer? A bit overstated. This is a reality of folks transferring without consequences. He wasn’t going to be a starter with Mackey and Trice and now is looking elsewhere. We have benefitted off this too with 4 guys on defense that will crack the two deep. I’m not sure Howard and Faucheux would have.

Top recruit? A 3 star JUCO transfer? A bit overstated. This is a reality of folks transferring without consequences. He wasn’t going to be a starter with Mackey and Trice and now is looking elsewhere. We have benefitted off this too with 4 guys on defense that will crack the two deep. I’m not sure Howard and Faucheux would have.
"top recruit"

🤨

Reactions: BBG
Did Mackey impress you

No. Did Howard beat him out in fall or spring?
I don’t think Howard is good at all.. but this whole “well we got trice and Mackey” line misses the mark.. we got trice. Mackey hasn’t established himself to be ashante Woodyard or Brandon king or someone

45% of the posters here think brohm is the worst and want him gone. 45% of the posters here think 38 was a big ten safety and everyone we have is awesome .. both groups miss the mark often

Reactions: boiler800
I don’t think Howard is good at all.. but this whole “well we got trice and Mackey” line misses the mark.. we got trice. Mackey hasn’t established himself to be ashante Woodyard or Brandon king or someone

45% of the posters here think brohm is the worst and want him gone. 45% of the posters here think 38 was a big ten safety and everyone we have is awesome .. both groups miss the mark often
The final 10% are tired of the reality of underperforming 2 years in a row. "Help Wanted" Transfer Portal and top end JUCO's with solid grades apply to link below. :)

fbrecruit@purdue.edu

Reactions: purduepat1969
I am sure that Brohm gave it to him straight on where he stood going into Summer.

We sure have had a lot of Spring Cleaning on this team this year. I am hoping that means that the guys staying are hungry to win.

He was considered a top JUCO transfer when Brohm landed him. Now we want to diss players when they decide to transfer...
Another term that I have to be honest that I put these players in categorically, “quitter”. Grad Transfer is ok as they are expanding their horizon with a degree in hand (IE Aaron Wheeler in Basketball). I have not been a fan of the Transfer Portal for younger athletes. My “old man” view is purely they have quitter tendencies and hard time adjusting to life adversities. Some will have a hard time adjusting to long term employment that is IMHO. Go ahead and launch comments at me in 3…2…1. I’m a 31+ yr employee of a company and remain loyal to a fault. LOL

He was considered a top JUCO transfer when Brohm landed him. Now we want to diss players when they decide to transfer...
"diss"

You went from "top recruit" to "considered a top JUCO transfer" to "diss" in record time.

It's almost as if you're trying to frame this as some massive Brohm failure, and using those who challenge your language to re-direct and re-position the conversation...

"diss"

"diss"

You went from "top recruit" to "considered a top JUCO transfer" to "diss" in record time.

It's almost as if you're trying to frame this as some massive Brohm failure, and using those who challenge your language to re-direct and re-position the conversation...

"diss"
Reading comprehension bro. "And yet another top recruit (JUCO) gone...". See where it sàys JUCO in my original post?

And please tell me where I mentioned a Brohm failure in my post? The fact is we had Carr, the former 4 star DL, the 4 star running back, and now Howard transfer out in one year. They were all top recruits from Brohm's 2020 class.

Last edited:
By the way .. for anyone keeping score at home .. brohm has been a failure thus far. Not a disaster but in the failure category. His ardent supporters don’t seem to get that. His biggest detractors don’t understand that Purdue was such a failure for the years preceding brohm that we don’t have the kind of options that make moving on from brohm attractive

• Sad
Reactions: Riveting
Reading comprehension bro. "And yet another top recruit (JUCO) gone...". See where it sàys JUCO in my original post?

And please tell me where I mentioned a Brohm failure in my post? The fact is we had Carr, the former 4 star DL, the 4 star running back, and now Howard transfer out in one year. They were all top recruits from Brohm's 2020 class.
I made an observation.

You didn't like my observation and complained about it.

You want to play the condescending, "reading comprehension" bit, immediately after I wrote, "it's almost as if..." ??

Goodness, bro.

I made an observation.

You didn't like my observation and complained about it.

You want to play the condescending, "reading comprehension" bit, immediately after I wrote, "it's almost as if..." ??

Goodness, bro.
Don't be an asshole. You made a comment that made a lot of assumptions. And you and I know exactly why you made that comment. You can't stand that I'm not a Brohm cheerleader. So you make the assumption that my post is about Brohm instead of what it's really about, which is another class of 2020 recruit, a JUCO that was highly regarded when he chose Purdue, decided to leave.

I'm not blaming Brohm for that. But I am questioning why another recruit, along with the 4 stars Faucheax, Carr, and Tirek Murphy are all leaving, in the same season.

Don't be an asshole. You made a comment that made a lot of assumptions. And you and I know exactly why you made that comment. You can't stand that I'm not a Brohm cheerleader. So you make the assumption that my post is about Brohm instead of what it's really about, which is another class of 2020 recruit, a JUCO that was highly regarded when he chose Purdue, decided to leave.

I'm not blaming Brohm for that. But I am questioning why another recruit, along with the 4 stars Faucheax, Carr, and Tirek Murphy are all leaving, in the same season.

Occam's Razor: They are likely leaving because they did not expect to get enough playing time next season.

Occam's Razor: They are likely leaving because they did not expect to get enough playing time next season.
Carr is supposedly getting a shot to play 2 sports at MSU. Tirek got in legal trouble and had several family members pass away last year and wants to be close to home. Not sure about Fauchex but he likely wasn’t going to get playing time and is leaving as a result.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Carr has been the biggest loss as he seemed to have the highest ceiling and most likely would have excelled under Brohm provided Carr put in the work...IMO

Carr has been the biggest loss as he seemed to have the highest ceiling and most likely would have excelled under Brohm provided Carr put in the work...IMO

With Carr it was about about himself. He had to play two sports and wouldn't be a tight end. He chose to only participate as a wide receiver where our most gifted athletes play. It'll be interesting to see how he fares at MSU.

Reactions: BlkGoldHoops

Bad example using those 4:
Carr -not nearly what people think he was. Kicked out of MULTIPLE lifting sessions this winter from cussing out coaches. Was an absolute cancer in the locker room.
Facheaux - just Didnt pan out. Had his chance. Probably another great illustration of the flawed “ Star” rankings.
Murphy - a relaxed state law away from be a convicted felony drug dealer
Howard - low % of JUCO’s work out . They come with baggage and they usually leave with more. @nat100 what say ye???

Last edited:
Carr is supposedly getting a shot to play 2 sports at MSU. Tirek got in legal trouble and had several family members pass away last year and wants to be close to home. Not sure about Fauchex but he likely wasn’t going to get playing time and is leaving as a result.
Look at Murphy’s options right now. Stonybrook and Tulane. Dropping down some levels and Tulane not close to home. Had nothing to do with Covid deaths at home or playing close to home. Had everything to do with his work ethic and commitment to a college football program. Being a felony drug distributor on game week not a real attractive look.

With Carr it was about about himself. He had to play two sports and wouldn't be a tight end. He chose to only participate as a wide receiver where our most gifted athletes play. It'll be interesting to see how he fares at MSU.
Would have never seen the hoops floor at Purdue nor the field at Purdue as a TE for a few more years. He wasn’t what you thought

Carr -not nearly what people think he was. Kicked out of MULTIPLE lifting sessions this winter from cussing out coaches. Was an absolute cancer in the locker room.
Facheaux - just Didnt pan out. Had his chance. Probably another great illustration of the flawed “ Star” rankings.
Howard - low % of JUCO’s work out . They come with baggage and they usually leave with more. @nat100 what say ye???
Not disagreeing with your overall message but Murphy is also a state law away from only getting a traffic ticket. Obviously made a bad choice to but act like he's West Lafayette's cartel is a bit much

Not disagreeing with your overall message but Murphy is also a state law away from only getting a traffic ticket. Obviously made a bad choice to but act like he's West Lafayette's cartel is a bit much
Let’s not write it off. Know the laws where you are. If pot isn’t legal in Indiana, be smart enough not to get caught with a felony amount at 3 in the morning. Don’t minimize how dumb that was

This.
I am in no way excusing Murphy's poor decision but for anyone to use the phrase 'felony drug distribution' in his case is beyond absurd and reeks of hyperbole akin to the old propaganda scare film "Reefer Madness."

The guy had about an ounce of cannabis. This would be like a beer drinker buying a case rather than a 6 pack. And yes, I know what Indiana's archaic laws are. But it's not like he had anywhere near Swanigan's amount of cannabis. Again, not excusing his dumb ass decision whatsoever but a little perspective, please.

This.
I am in no way excusing Murphy's poor decision but for anyone to use the phrase 'felony drug distribution' in his case is beyond absurd and reeks of hyperbole akin to the old propaganda scare film "Reefer Madness."

The guy had about an ounce of cannabis. This would be like a beer drinker buying a case rather than a 6 pack. And yes, I know what Indiana's archaic laws are. But it's not like he had anywhere near Swanigan's amount of cannabis. Again, not excusing his dumb ass decision whatsoever but a little perspective, please.
Two issues:

1) He knew the laws in Indiana, archaic or not. I know you're not excusing it. But if he wants to go reefer mad, then go play ball in a state that's legalized it. Or maybe not play ball at all.
2). Can't be too serious about football if he's taking this kind of risk and using during season.

Regardless, weed is illegal federally. Not sure I understand the fascination with it and why people want to fall on their sword to make it legal. What will be funny is how the fascination and thrill for a lot of illegal users will die when or if it's been made legal...

This.

Wait what happened? As recently as a few years ago I thought you could get pulled over with a bowls worth and do 30 days? Did that soften up? A friend was just asking me.

Two issues:

1) He knew the laws in Indiana, archaic or not. I know you're not excusing it. But if he wants to go reefer mad, then go play ball in a state that's legalized it. Or maybe not play ball at all.
2). Can't be too serious about football if he's taking this kind of risk and using during season.

Regardless, weed is illegal federally. Not sure I understand the fascination with it and why people want to fall on their sword to make it legal. What will be funny is how the fascination and thrill for a lot of illegal users will die when or if it's been made legal...
Have you never smoked it?

This.

Again, it’s an intelligence test. Don’t be dumb enough to get caught with that amount the morning before a game at 2am.

Reactions: BlkGoldHoops
Didn't Purdue at the time of Murphy's arrest have very strict Covid rules and was punishing students for violating them? Surely those would have applied to football players too.

Interesting if true about Carr.

ADVERTISEMENT