ADVERTISEMENT

Georgia players in the portal

Do we have that? Only one I see we can offer is the LB. Also I’m not a fan of coaches promising PT. I want to recruit guys who want to earn it.
At certain positions like Safety, CB and LB, there's not much competition to begin with. Playing time is almost 100% assured. We were playing Camdyn Childers at CB for a lot of snaps.

For every other position except QB, just show them the roster and anyone can see playing time is there for the taking.

They have adopted the Alabama model. Just keep on brining in 4/5 stars every year. What I am amazed at is these guys know they are not going to play early in their careers. So many other schools would let them play right away.

what they see iat alabama and georgia is players starting one year and getting drafted by the NFl. So most of them are ok with being on the bench 2-3 years. it's when they see themselves going into their second year and being beaten out by a freshmen or incoming recruit that they tend to enter the portal.

how long after Manning gets the starting job at texas will Ewers remain as his back-up?

what is sad is players are now choosing schools based on their opportunity for NIL money or they want to use the school as their path to the NFL. Very few athletes select colleges for their cademics anymore. it's all about how is this school going to showcase my talents and enhance my chances of getting drafted.

Any 4/5 star should look at Purdue's roster and expect to start. they shouldn't be worried about an incumbant currently holding that position. a 5 star freshman WR could easily start at Purdue. Moore had competition, and still started as a freshman.

Reactions: boiler800
At certain positions like Safety, CB and LB, there's not much competition to begin with. Playing time is almost 100% assured. We were playing Camdyn Childers at CB for a lot of snaps.

For every other position except QB, just show them the roster and anyone can see playing time is there for the taking.
We have both our starting safeties returning and expect Hampton and Brown to return at CB as well as one transfer already so no guarantee there. if we go to 3-4 we are set at OLB and Brothers probably has one ILB locked up. So maybe an ILB.

at the moment, I'm not even sure who we are actually recruiting. There are so many players out there i'd like purdue to recruit. it just doesn't seem they are going after any of the big names available and looking for a new home.

at the moment, I'm not even sure who we are actually recruiting. There are so many players out there i'd like purdue to recruit. it just doesn't seem they are going after any of the big names available and looking for a new home.
you mean like Neb getting 4 star Georgia Edge M J Sherman

you mean like Neb getting 4 star Georgia Edge M J Sherman
exactly. it appears Stubblefield was fired because he couln't bring any 4 stars to Penn st. They are out there. But purdue is not on their list of schools to consider.

nobody promising PT but our starters shouldn't scare anyone away
Many of these guys are leaving because they aren’t plugged in as starters during the season. Why would they come here where someone already is plugged in as starters without a commitment of PT?

What makes you think they aren't? From this PSU article discussing Stubblefield's firing. "I’m not going to name names but it’s already become common for sought-after recruits or transfers to name a price for their signature – 6 figures or even 7 depending on how many bidders are active. Either you come up with it or you’re not a player. The sell job isn’t cutting it anymore."

My understanding is Purdue doesn't operate like that.

ADVERTISEMENT