ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Purdue vs. Virginia Tech (Charleston Classic Championship)

Eastern will learn. Great defender, but will learn from defending great , quick guard and foul calls against him. One less foul against him he gets more minutes, and impacts the game more. Next time against big time guard with that quickness he will do better.
The offensive foul when Nojel was in the post, was horrific.

I disagree, when Edwards went out in the first half we made a run. Purdue is going to score from set plays. We went away from set plays when Edwards was thinking shot first and set play second.
Talking about when they went to double him. His teammates weren’t coming to the ball to help

I disagree, when Edwards went out in the first half we made a run. Purdue is going to score from set plays. We went away from set plays when Edwards was thinking shot first and set play second.
Ah but they weren't so much in second half. Shots weren't falling as much.

Not sure what you "learn" from this, but I pray you are right. I'm not worried, I saw all I needed.
One thing you learn is that if almost all your production at the 4 and 5 come from your backup grad transfer center and a walkon,
you probably aren’t beating NCAA tournament teams. If Haarms and Wheeler aren’t going to produce, give Tre a shot.

Not gonna bash our players over this game...we played well enough to win just a little better defense woulda been nice but hey Vt hit their shots when it counted. We scored 83pts, that wins you most games.

Reactions: mathboy
Ah but they weren't so much in second half. Shots weren't falling as much.
Watch the second half when NE goes out and watch how centered the plays were around Edwards. Every screen was for him because he was setting plays for himself.

Watch the second half when NE goes out and watch how centered the plays were around Edwards. Every screen was for him because he was setting plays for himself.
I think he had 6 to's in the second half running the point.

One thing you learn is that if almost all your production at the 4 and 5 come from your backup grad transfer center and a walkon,
you probably aren’t beating NCAA tournament teams. If Haarms and Wheeler aren’t going to produce, give Tre a shot.

Well you are correct in that some things can be learned from a loss, but there is no way to work around bad officiating......and that can be the difference maker in games between two evenly matched teams. And that is where I get upset, but it is over now. On to the next.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
Edwards is a beast but has to help others like NE does when needed. Better luck next time!

Watch the second half when NE goes out and watch how centered the plays were around Edwards. Every screen was for him because he was setting plays for himself.[/QUOT.

Agree on this. Edward's does not have point guard mentality. Will hurt him as NBA prospect. When Eastern goes out Edward's is without his point guard and the only other player capable of getting his own shot ( against quality teams) so it becomes a cluster...

Problem is, he has to score 30 plus to beat a ranked team. They just don't have the firepower after Cline. No one can get their own shot besides Edward's and Eastern ( against better teams) and Eastern has to shoot from under 10 Nojel shooting the ball had nothing to do with nothing. The offense needs to be spread out more that is what I see. You have players who can get to the basket but nothing is being ran for them. Gotta spread the offense around more to utilize there strengths.

Phil scoring down low...………….
So reading your "phil" comments and assume youre referring to Ebo. So you an the others must be like the twitter posts from so called "fans" that make fun of one of our own players for his hair?? Really? I personally dont think that making fun of our own players is funny at all. a 21 year old kid having adults giving him shit for something he cant control. Guarantee all you keyboard warriors picking on a 21 year old from your own team wouldnt put your own picture online. Why? Because there would be a laundry list of shit to say about each of you. I've been watchin this crap for years and you all think its so funny. Hes trying to help us win basketball games, is new to the school, and instead of supporting him you assholes think youre funny but youre not. what a great impression you leave for his family and friends when they read the boards. Think theyre laughing? No, theyre thinking Purdue fans are jerks that pick on their own players. Live it up guys. Really making our school look good. How about supporting our players instead of shitting on them all the time?

So reading your "phil" comments and assume youre referring to Ebo. So you an the others must be like the twitter posts from so called "fans" that make fun of one of our own players for his hair?? Really? I personally dont think that making fun of our own players is funny at all. a 21 year old kid having adults giving him shit for something he cant control. Guarantee all you keyboard warriors picking on a 21 year old from your own team wouldnt put your own picture online. Why? Because there would be a laundry list of shit to say about each of you. I've been watchin this crap for years and you all think its so funny. Hes trying to help us win basketball games, is new to the school, and instead of supporting him you assholes think youre funny but youre not. what a great impression you leave for his family and friends when they read the boards. Think theyre laughing? No, theyre thinking Purdue fans are jerks that pick on their own players. Live it up guys. Really making our school look good. How about supporting our players instead of shitting on them all the time?

I love both Phils. Nice first post. Now go back to sleep.

And I find it to be the single dumbest criticism ever given from a television viewing sports fan. You have zero idea what Painter was saying to the refs because the camera is barely on the coach. So again it’s a moronic assertion.

Actually, you could plainly see him sitting down, while you could see Buzz animated and working the refs. Just like you can see coaches like Izzo, coach k, etc...fired up and in refs faces every game.

I used to have an issue with Beilein in this regard, and he has become much more vocal (because refs do not respect s civilized approach from coaches, as sad as that may be).

A f--ing great first post, and you call others assholes? Wow! Please go away.

A f--ing great first post, and you call others assholes? Wow! Please go away.
Just so we're clear: Mathboy is officially endorsing crapping on our own players? You're defending Pitbully right? I don't agree, but I guess we can agree to disagree. Purdue "fans" that crap on 18-22 year old young men/women that try to win games (operative word here is "games") for us is ridiculous and extremely insensitive. I suppose nothing is off limits to all of you then. If a kid were to have a mild handicap or challenge, following some people on this board's logic, you'd endorse making fun of that kid and giving him/her a nickname like Pitbully over something he/she cant control? That's just being plain cruel. THAT is being an asshole. THAT is what I'm calling out. Is that part of why you and others join the message boards? Power trip? Alternative to kicking the dog? Gratification from your message board peers endorsing crapping on our athletes? I'd say if you don't like it, maybe you should rethink your values. Or you go away. I work in a field where young people take their own lives over what other people think is innocent bullying. You clowns think you're being funny. You're not. And the old macho message board keyboard warrior attitude "they should be tough enough to take what I dish out" has been proven wrong thousands of times over. But the recipient generally doesn't think its funny at all. In fact, the majority of the time its very painful. I think Purdue fans should be better than this. Maybe we're not. Get back to talking about what players can do better as athletes and teams and stay away from personal issues and attacks. Fans come in all shapes and sizes. Guess we now know where you stack up on this issue....

Just so we're clear: Mathboy is officially endorsing crapping on our own players? You're defending Pitbully right? I don't agree, but I guess we can agree to disagree. Purdue "fans" that crap on 18-22 year old young men/women that try to win games (operative word here is "games") for us is ridiculous and extremely insensitive. I suppose nothing is off limits to all of you then. If a kid were to have a mild handicap or challenge, following some people on this board's logic, you'd endorse making fun of that kid and giving him/her a nickname like Pitbully over something he/she cant control? That's just being plain cruel. THAT is being an asshole. THAT is what I'm calling out. Is that part of why you and others join the message boards? Power trip? Alternative to kicking the dog? Gratification from your message board peers endorsing crapping on our athletes? I'd say if you don't like it, maybe you should rethink your values. Or you go away. I work in a field where young people take their own lives over what other people think is innocent bullying. You clowns think you're being funny. You're not. And the old macho message board keyboard warrior attitude "they should be tough enough to take what I dish out" has been proven wrong thousands of times over. But the recipient generally doesn't think its funny at all. In fact, the majority of the time its very painful. I think Purdue fans should be better than this. Maybe we're not. Get back to talking about what players can do better as athletes and teams and stay away from personal issues and attacks. Fans come in all shapes and sizes. Guess we now know where you stack up on this issue....

Over the top much?? I'll say it one last time...…….we all love Phil. He is much in the same mold as Brian Cardinal, and shares many of the same characteristics. Bullying? LOL Get real and deal with it...…..or up the medication.

Learn what a paragraph means for the love of God.

Are You balding? You’re super sensitive.

Glad you weren’t here during the tacos era!

Wow! The clown car just opened its doors... and this guy jumps out!

Sorry, beyond this comment, this whole post is just not worth responding to.

ADVERTISEMENT