ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread: Purdue vs. Virginia Tech (Charleston Classic Championship)

I don’t usually blame refs...

But this game was called slanted to the Hokies tonight...how VT finally got to 7 fouls with 20 seconds left in the second half is a joke. If I went through the tape, I’d venture to say there are 7-8 missed foul calls

If Edwards continues to play out of control when he's playing point, we will not go far. Yes, the refs we're horrible but this showed our guards still need work. Just reality because second half we lost their guards on d and our guards didn't create for others.

Reactions: chiboiler7
Purdue defense exposed tonight plus getting jobbed by the officials. Guys hopefully learn from this ... run the offense and don’t fall in love with the three.

Reactions: Gman544
You are a MORON

Whether his statement was moronic or not, I don't think you should be calling him a moron.... (and I'm personally leaning more and more to Painter really needing to step up in his aggressiveness with dealing with officials. I've seen Purdue get screwed over many times, and haven't ever seen Painter seemingly change the tide of that by talking nicely to the refs. However, when Izzo, or Belein , or whomever else goes off on them, it usually seems fairly effective in at least evening out calls if not turning them towards them for a while..)

Reactions: purduepat1969
Why do you think Izzo gets the call? He whines to the refs incessantly. It's part of the game whether you want to admit it or not. You can't just sit there and continue to take it over and over again.
With this dumbassery. Time for a break until the next game. Hopefully next time we don’t let them dictate Haarms not being part of the action. Love Carsen, but we’re goong to need more.

Whether his statement was moronic or not, I don't think you should be calling him a moron.... (and I'm personally leaning more and more to Painter really needing to step up in his aggressiveness with dealing with officials. I've seen Purdue get screwed over many times, and haven't ever seen Painter seemingly change the tide of that by talking nicely to the refs. However, when Izzo, or Belein , or whomever else goes off on them, it usually seems fairly effective in at least evening out calls if not turning them towards them for a while..)
This why people laugh at Purdue fans.

If Edwards continues to play out of control when he's playing point, we will not go far. Yes, the refs we're horrible but this showed our guards still need work. Just reality because second half we lost their guards on d and our guards didn't create for others.
Agree. Carson needs to get more involved instead of throwing up questionable shots all game and turning the ball over. Also, where the hell is Haarms?

Did I hear someone else got Tourney MVP? Carson broke the fricking scoring record! I'm officially done with this Tourney. PU>VT

Reactions: purduepat1969
ADVERTISEMENT