ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread - 3/3/22 vs Michigan State in BTT in Indy (11:30am on BTN)

TC4THREE

All-American
Mar 20, 2002
I always find these really early games during the week in the conference tournaments interesting. It feels like sometimes one of the teams comes out almost sleepwalking through the game and if either team can capture momentum early, it can really bury the other team before they snap out of it. Hope we show up confident and determined to push this season even further.

It would be great to win one more before Nit
Prob get a home gsme fir that
But I’ll beat Wisc today
You never know

Reactions: TC4THREE
Woltman, Terry, Hardin, Madison, Ellis is this the lineup? All are returning next year it would seem, let’s see what they got, still guessing a NIT is assured even with a loss.

Like the way we're playing early. Up 13-11 midway through 1st. Good body language. Look excited to be playing.

Reactions: Russ Ford
Down 23-22 after 1st quarter. Looking pretty good outside of the aforementioned turnovers.

Yeah they have a good opportunity here if they can take care of the ball. Clouden having 3 early fouls is big for MSU.

I normally never complain about officials but this crew is calling way too many cheap ones, let them play!

Reactions: DocRon
Only 12 pts in second after scoring 22 in first Q. Purdue seems to almost alwayes have a bad 2nd Q,

And the TO’s - Lord have mercy. We would be crucifying Versyp if she were still HC.

Yeah the turnovers have really become a problem late this season after I feel like we did pretty well with them for most of the year.

Agree… they are calling EVERYTHING including some imagined fouls - 22 total fouls.
Doc, they called a 3 seconds at the end of the half, the ball was inbounds for like 2 seconds lol. If I’m a player I’d just fall on defense, they’ll call a charge. As for the game, Moore played out of control and missed her shots, Terry turned the ball over too often, Woltman missed some bunnies. I like the style Purdue plays, looks to me that they’re a player or two short. I know that Katie has downplayed the transfer portal, however, my guess is she tries to land someone from in in the off-season.

So far Layden is having a better game than she has in awhile. 12 pts in first half and looks involved in the game

These refs have ruined this game, foul after foul, not a fan at all. Also, hit a layup already!

Also, Woltman is active, I like her game, she had two cheapies called against her that got her on the bench right now. Her at the 4 next season with Kyle at the 5 will be interesting if that’s what happens.

Brooke Moore is playing terrible, should be a fun final quarter, come on ladies, let’s win this!

Moore is something like 0-7 from the field. Missing so many lay-ups and bunnies yet only behind by 1.

No TO’s for PU in the 3rd Q. Makes a difference.

Moore is something like 0-7 from the field. Missing so many lay-ups and bunnies yet only behind by 1.

No TO’s for PU in the 3rd Q. Makes a difference.

Totally frustrating loss. As much as KG has created a more fun team tos and missed bunnies cost a very winnable game and possibly the NIT. Only BT$ might get them in as they pooped down the stretch and MSU won by not playiing well but playing better. Boilers had the lead by 1 in last 2 mins but just failed and fouled and MSU won it at the line. Purdue hit a lot of treys but took a lot but no one really stood out and the tos and close misses made it impossible. Disappointing finish so hard to project for next year. Incidentally Purdue transfer Farquar did a lot to win the game. Sure could have used her. Unless we're able to reduce to's a lot and build a true inside game we may see more of the same next year.

ADVERTISEMENT