ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread - 2/6/22 at #5 Indiana (1 pm on BTN+)

TC4THREE

All-American
Mar 20, 2002
Will be interesting to see how this game compares to the first one. I think we rebound from the Northwestern game with a good effort but it's going to take execution and good shooting as well to give ourselves an opportunity to win this one.

Reactions: DocRon
Will be interesting to see how this game compares to the first one. I think we rebound from the Northwestern game with a good effort but it's going to take execution and good shooting as well to give ourselves an opportunity to win this one.
Decent start, looking better than Friday - JT strong so far, but needs some help. 17-14 end of 1st Q in favor of IU

Reactions: DocRon
Stagnant offense in the 2nd q and now behind 34-24 at half. Zero pts from 3 PT line during the game (out of 6 attempts). 12 pts off of Purdue TO’s for IU.

I don’t think Layden is herself - still bothered by her ankle. Once again she does not score in the entire first half.

Last edited:
Reactions: RBryant311
Stagnant offense in the 2nd q and now behind 34-24 at half. Zero pts from 3 PT line during the game (out of 6 attempts). 12 pts off of Purdue TO’s for IU.

I don’t think Layden is herself - still bothered by her ankle. Once again she does not score in the entire first half.
AGree about Layden - she’s not moving easily or effectively to get open. Again, turnovers and missed bunnies are hurting the effort. But they absolutely do not quit - I was not optimistic about a win today, but they’ve kept it closer than against NW. Cass Hardin with good defense but also struggling offensively.
They’ve had chances,,,,,,, 3 min left... AND THEY JUST CUT IT TO 5! goodness. 2:34 left

Cass Hardin hardly played in the 2nd half. I thought maybe she was injured but KG put her in in the last minute. Seems like maybe she got in Coach’s doghouse??? She only scored two pts. Her streak of 23 games with a 3 PT shot made is now broken. A shame.

I have not seen the box score yet but I think Madison went 0-for whatever from the field but did get some FT’s. I don’t think we can win games until those two start scoring again.

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffBoiler
Gotta give it to these players. Despite playing terrible and down 19, they could have won this game. Missed two wide open layups and two wide open 3's down the stretch which could have turned it. So vs the number 5 team in the country, they could have won both. The first game if Ellis hits one more FT we win ( not dissing her). So we have to build on that. Much more upset by bad NW game. Hardin and Layton were non-existent,but Pattberg, who is in her 6th year, is a great defensive player. Still, close but no cigar. After this gutsy effort though, interesting to see if they finish up or down in performance. Smith and Moore must play more and Learn is looking better than Woltman. Now we should be favored in 5 of the next 6 games. The tough one being at NW. If we can do that, we will have 19 and a win or two in BTT could mean the Dance. But NIT likely which would be a great first season for KG.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT