ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread - 2/27/22 vs Wisconsin (1pm on BTN+)

TC4THREE

All-American
Mar 20, 2002
This game won't change anything in the final standings I don't think but it's one they simply need to win to wrap up the regular season on a high note, especially after the way it played out when we played at Wisconsin.

Reactions: Russ Ford
Tim Newton just said on his radio pre-game that Cassidy Hardin has not made up her mind either way yet but is considering coming back for her COVID year. Mostly depends if she can delay her medical school admission by one year. She is not in the “Senior Day” starting lineup.

Unfortunately she seems to have faded at the end of this year in both 3PT shooting and, as a result(?), minutes.

Layden not in the first wave of substitutions that brought most of the regular starters back in.

Down 17-8. If I'm not mistaken, this lead is more the result of the play of the regular starters than the odd senior lineup that started the game for the first 4-5 minutes.

A team that scored 2 first q pts at home
Then beat us
Now has 17-8 lead
They pass much better than we do but are one of the worst in the BT
Distressing

So far one of our worst starts
Killed n interior passes
Wisc knows how to beat us inside
Forced to take mostly treys
Cold
Outcoached and outplayed so far
Did not expect this on senior day

Tim Newton just said on his radio pre-game that Cassidy Hardin has not made up her mind either way yet but is considering coming back for her COVID year. Mostly depends if she can delay her medical school admission by one year. She is not in the “Senior Day” starting lineup.

Unfortunately she seems to have faded at the end of this year in both 3PT shooting and, as a result(?), minutes.

Reactions: DavidBoiler
Sticking with my theory that this team played above their talent level for most of the season and just kind of hit a wall the last month or so.

New season starts next week. Win a couple games in the BTT and it's a whole different vibe.
Agreed, having said that, no excuse to lose at home to this dog team. Hit that portal Coach! At least one additional player that can play is needed.

Disappointing in so many ways. Sad for the seniors. BTT awaits. Maybe they’ll find that early season energy again - saw glimpses in the second half.

Just seems to be something missing in the last several games - not the same level of emotional energy or connectedness. JT not firing on all cylinders, same with several others. Puzzling…..

Disappointing in so many ways. Sad for the seniors. BTT awaits. Maybe they’ll find that early season energy again - saw glimpses in the second half.

Just seems to be something missing in the last several games - not the same level of emotional energy or connectedness. JT not firing on all cylinders, same with several others. Puzzling…..
16 wins was 1 outside my predicted range, still no excuse for today’s effort.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
Sticking with my theory that this team played above their talent level for most of the season and just kind of hit a wall the last month or so.

New season starts next week. Win a couple games in the BTT and it's a whole different vibe.
Might win one… looks like against MSU. But then we will play the top seeded team. So two victiories not likely as long as Madison remains in her scoring funk. Has only been in double figures 3 of last 9 games.

Reactions: Russ Ford
Has not played since her 4 mins against Nebraska on Jan 30. I have not heard she is injured. ”Victim” of shortened rotation.
Thanks, 16-14 better than probably what all of us thought going into the year but no doubt some players really faded late, maybe from the shortened rotation? I said Madison needs to be the second best player, maybe that should be third? Also, is there a CBI women’s tournament just in case the women don’t make the NIT? If there is I’d love to see Smith and Learn in the starting lineup playing 25-30 minutes a game, give the Frosh major minutes!

Reactions: DocRon
How hard was it to be a Boiler fan this weekend with two literally last shot decisions both going the other way. Kudos for the ladies fighting back but a miserable first half and too many missed 3's did them in. Terrible D mostly as the cuts to the basket were like water flowing down hill. And the Wisc winning basket where a player dribbles uncontested down court for a layup. Awful end to the season. Frankly, I thought the NIT was a lock but lose the first game in the WBTT and were only 16-14 with 3 straight losses including to a bottom feeder. I think due to BT status and $ thy might take a team with a plus record, but it would be good to win one in the tourney.
As much as I was pleased with what KG did this year they sure wilted mostly down the stretch. The D especially, the interior D ,must be shored up and I think they rely too much on the 3. Will be interesting to see what lineup changes or transfers they put together. And, very sad, how much did starting and playing all those seniors for that long affect the game. This one was maddening.

Farquhar just rebounded 22 for MSU (in a losing cause against tOSU) with 12 of those being offensive rebs. Man, how we could have used her this year.

I hope we have some plan to slow her down Thursday.

Reactions: DavidBoiler
Farquhar just rebounded 22 for MSU (in a losing cause against tOSU) with 12 of those being offensive rebs. Man, how we could have used her this year.

I hope we have some plan to slow her down Thursday.

Reactions: DocRon
Playing without Kyle for 6-8 weeks of the season, 3 starters transferred before the season, they've won 16 games, Katie Gearlds was supposed to be the associate HC this season, and use the season to watch, learn the ropes of coaching at a Division 1 school, and spend time recruiting, etc. Instead, she's been thrown into the fire since Day 1 and has done a terrific job with none of her recruited players, and some transfers. I really don't care what happens from here on out the remainder of the season although more playing time for Smith and Learn so that they can get more game experience would be nice. And I don't see this team on the brink of huge success next season either, but I think continued growth, keep growing and improving, keep Kyle healthy, and keep trying to recruit elite players into the program, and this program to me is headed in the right direction. They're at least a couple of years away from being really competitive in the Big Ten again, but 16 wins are more than I thought they'd win this season... It's been a good start for Katie, but there's still a long way to go.

ADVERTISEMENT