ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread - 2/13/22 at Wisconsin (2pm on BTN+)

TC4THREE

All-American
Mar 20, 2002
WIsconsin 6-17 (3-10)

Hopeful for a win in this one. Will be watching on the computer with the men's game on the tv.

17-2 Purdue after 1. Purdue held them scoreless until there were a few seconds left in the quarter when Wisconsin hit a jumper to score their only points in the 1st.

25-9 midway through 2nd quarter. Offensive explosion for Wisconsin this quarter with 7 so far.

• Haha
Reactions: JeffBoiler
We have our own offensive problems in the 3rd quarter. Wisconsin outscores us 18-8 to chop our 20 point halftime lead to 10.

47-42 Purdue with just over 5 minutes left. Momentum on the Badgers side. We have scored 12 points in the 15 minutes since halftime. We're going to have to find some points in these last 5 minutes if we want to hang on.

This team has made some bad decisions when they dribble into the paint. Never looking to finish and always kicking it out for a 3 which they have not been hitting.

47-46 Purdue with 2:17 left and Wisconsin ball.

Only one pt ahead. Have shot 3/25 in the second half. Wicky’s zone has completely befuddled our offense. WIsky with the ball.

Wisky made a three and now they are up by two.

Teams exchange 3's with Jayla Smith knocking one down to reclaim a one-point lead with 94 seconds left.

Wisconsin 3 puts them up 52-50. Layden short on the jumper. Wisconsin ball with 40 seconds left and 28 on the shot clock. Wisconsin timeout.

Purdue fouls with 32 seconds left. Wisconsin hits both fts. 54-50 Wisconsin.

Learn scores in the post with 17 seconds left. Badgers ball up by 2. Going to need to foul if we can't get a turnover.

Purdue with a couple of looks but neither go down. Wisconsin completes their biggest comeback in program history from down 22 in the second half to win on Senior Day. 54-52. This one is not going to sit well.

Let’s be honest. If this happened when Versyp was the coach people would be on here asking for her head on a plate.
You’re absolutely right Doc - and I do wonder what Katie was telling them during timeouts. They looked every bit the image of last year’s team today. Even JT didn’t seem to be looking to shoot or score in that last quarter. She’s usually confident and aggressive on offense.
Whole team out of sorts much of the second half.
This one stings.

Reactions: DocRon
Let’s be honest. If this happened when Versyp was the coach people would be on here asking for her head on a plate.

I expected games like this when the season started. The team did such a good job in close games for most of the season up until the overtime home loss to IU. I think we've maybe hit a wall.

Still, one more win gets us to 15 which is 3 times as many as some predicted.

No doubt.

I expected games like this when the season started. The team did such a good job in close games for most of the season up until the overtime home loss to IU. I think we've maybe hit a wall.

Still, one more win gets us to 15 which is 3 times as many as some predicted.
Bingo, 15-16 win team, horrible loss though. Hopefully we see a top flight transfer brought in this off-season, it’s needed.

This was going to happen at some point with this roster. Key to remember that this group was assembled by CSV and not that many have shown that will-do-anything-to-win mentality.

CKG has done incredible things with them this year. Still very optimistic on the future outlook when she can bring her players in. We still get postseason basketball this season with the NIT most likely.

Truly one of the worst collapses ever because it came against a horrible team. Too much not taking open shots in the lane and kciking for 3's then no deep to stop a Badger team with a pathetic offense. Since NW just upset Michigan unlikely we will beat them in our next game. Too bad because a win here would have probably cinched the NIT. Now the post season is up in the air. Up 22 against this very poor team which had even lost to Illinois, the idea that we would lose was never in my mind. Definitely not in the team' mind either. Very disappointing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT