ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread - 12/21/21 vs North Alabama (11am on BTN+)

TC4THREE

All-American
Mar 20, 2002
5-5
W 114-52 vs Blackburn
L 98-56 at Kentucky
L 74-58 at Austin Peay
W 91-90 OT vs Georgia State
L 83-71 vs Tennessee State
L 71-62 vs Freed-Hardeman
W 101-32 vs Oakwood
W 67-53 vs Tennessee Southern
L 74-60 at Murray State
W 74-71 at Chattanooga

BTN+ broadcast of this is not good. No score/time on the screen and I can't get the sound to any sort of level I can hear.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
19-10 Boilers after 1.

Hardin and Woltman 6 each. Layden 5. Terry 3 assists. Woltman 3 boards.

Reactions: Russ Ford
North Alabama tied it up at 25 before Purdue scored 4 straight to go up 29-25. North Alabama will be shooting 2 fts coming out of the tv timeout with 2:30 left in the 2nd quarter.

After North Alabama tied it at 25, Purdue closes the quarter on a 12-1 run to go into halftime up 37-26.

Hardin 9
Woltman 8
Layden/Moore 5 each

Terry 5 assists. Woltman 7 boards.

Thank you for all the updates TC(or is it Mr. Three?). Having to follow the game at work while finishing some 2021 projects so your updates are appreciated.
No problem! Fortunate to be done with work for the year so I was able to watch this game live.

Reactions: DocRon
BTN+ broadcast of this is not good. No score/time on the screen and I can't get the sound to any sort of level I can hear.
Yeah. A lot of times the BTN+ broadcasts done by the students over student breaks are pretty bad.

I listened to Rob Blackman on the streaming radio broadcast (who was filling in for Tim Newton because Tim’s father-in-law died yesterday.) Rob was pretty good. But Courtney (Moses) Delks was Rob’s color person and she supplied a lot of info but would often talk right thru the play on the court and I could sense some frustration on Rob’s part. Grin.

Yeah. A lot of times the BTN+ broadcasts done by the students over student breaks are pretty bad.

I listened to Rob Blackman on the streaming radio broadcast (who was filling in for Tim Newton because Tim’s father-in-law died yesterday.) Rob was pretty good. But Courtney (Moses) Delks was Rob’s color person and she supplied a lot of info but would often talk right thru the play on the court and I could sense some frustration on Rob’s part. Grin.

This team is so much more fun to watch than in recent years. Katie has them humming and the improvements in virtually every returning player is obvious. The BT is another story but I will be shocked if Purdue does not compete in most of them and grab a couple of upsets. Not saying they can't really overachieve and make the Dance, but I am guessing the NIT and good experience for next year. I believe it will not be long before we are back in the Dance and competing for BT title and tourney run. But we should be patient because there is definitely a way to go. Waiting for Geralds to snag a couple of big time recruits, but, like Matt, she knows how to build a team and recognizes how talent fits together and that can really be the difference.

This team is so much more fun to watch than in recent years. Katie has them humming and the improvements in virtually every returning player is obvious. The BT is another story but I will be shocked if Purdue does not compete in most of them and grab a couple of upsets. Not saying they can't really overachieve and make the Dance, but I am guessing the NIT and good experience for next year. I believe it will not be long before we are back in the Dance and competing for BT title and tourney run. But we should be patient because there is definitely a way to go. Waiting for Geralds to snag a couple of big time recruits, but, like Matt, she knows how to build a team and recognizes how talent fits together and that can really be the difference.
Next year should be a tourney team I would think, I agree NIT this season would be a nice first step.

Yes. On radio during the game Courtney (Moses) Delks was unabashed in her opinion as to how much Coach KG has moved this team toward excellence and improved the players. She was very optimistic about the future of the program. She and her spouse run a school to coach up WBB players so she should know.

I was in the pepp band and got to see my first live game in some time! I would have liked to see more of the action but they kept expecting us to play! (Being out of shape music wise I did fake it a lot), Do the hundreds of kids in attendance affect the number? I remember when we used to lead the BT in attendance and I think Katie's guidance will get the fans to come back.

Reactions: DocRon and TC4THREE
I was in the pepp band and got to see my first live game in some time! I would have liked to see more of the action but they kept expecting us to play! (Being out of shape music wise I did fake it a lot), Do the hundreds of kids in attendance affect the number? I remember when we used to lead the BT in attendance and I think Katie's guidance will get the fans to come back.
I bet that was fun. Thanks for doing that.

I used to travel the 250 miles each way to go to games (MBB, WBB, VB and FB) and I miss it a lot but my wife and are just getting too old to do that anymore (and pay for the hotels on a retiree's income - yikes)

9-4 record says it all. The vast improvement in Rickie Woltman and obvious change in her confidence level is so wonderful to see. We all forget that she was a pretty highly rated HS player. I love the progress and grit shown by this team so far. Great non-conference start to the season!

ADVERTISEMENT