ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread - 12/12/21 vs Denver (2 pm on BTN+)

TC4THREE

All-American
Mar 20, 2002
Game tips exact same time as men's game so my attention will be split. Hopefully Layden will be back for this one. IIRC they said Kyle's injury would keep her out through Christmas.

28-17 Purdue after 1. Going to be alot of points in this one. Denver looks like they want to play up tempo and we are hitting our 3's early.

53-35 Boilers at halftime.

Shooting 70% from the field and 60% from 3. Hardin 5/7 from deep. Woltman 5 of 6 from the interior for 10 points and 4 boards.

83-55 after 3.

The Denver defense hasn't been good, but we are finding the open shots and making them.

Reactions: DocRon
The energy and overall play was impressive and Woltman is holding her own with Kyle out. I expect Rickie to play more minutes even when Kyle returns. Lots of great efforts and shooting and some good play from Doumbia and Smith in addition to the usual stars. Denver was not really a challenge tho, but last year we would not have come close to 100. Next five games are very winnable. Still wanting the NIT.

101-68 final.
Wow. That’s a lot of scoring! Didn’t get to watch, sorry I missed it. Gotta be a good thing for the players to see the ball go thru the hoop that many times. Hope it boosts overall confidence ‘cause they’re playing hard and with energy. Rooting hard for this team.
Thanks, as always, for posting these summaries! Appreciate ya!

ADVERTISEMENT