ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread - 1/27/22 vs Minnesota (7pm on BTN+)

TC4THREE

All-American
Mar 20, 2002
9-11 (2-6)

I don't think they are as bad as one might think when looking at their record. Their two conference wins were at Wisconsin and at Rutgers but their losses have been pretty much the same teams that have beaten us with the exception of their last game, a 3-point loss at MSU on Sunday. Their other 5 losses are to Nebraska, Michigan, Ohio State, Maryland, and Iowa.

It's certainly a game we need to find a way to win if we want to play our way into the tournament.

Terry with a triple double , Ava Learn solid, also huge 3’s from Hardin. Jayla Smith with good minutes - she’s gonna be a good one! Ellis is a dynamo but had to sit
quite a while d/t foul trouble. Honestly everyone played well tonight. Good win! This team is just fun to watch

Lotta fouls called, some real ticky-tack ones (both ways) and really disrupted the game flow. Got downright annoying to watch at times. But a nice win

Terry with a triple double , Ava Learn solid, also huge 3’s from Hardin. Jayla Smith with good minutes - she’s gonna be a good one! Ellis is a dynamo but had to sit
quite a while d/t foul trouble. Honestly everyone played well tonight. Good win! This team is just fun to watch

Lotta fouls called, some real ticky-tack ones (both ways) and really disrupted the game flow. Got downright annoying to watch at times. But a nice win
Woltman with a 8 and 7 slash line I think, really nice season from her. 13-7, I predicted between 13-15 wins before the season started, think they’ll blow by that which is great!

Who's providing the color on the radio broadcast?
Actually Jane Schott, W. Lafayette HS WBB head coach, is Tim's regular color partner for home games. But on nights she has a conflict, Purdue great Courtney Moses Delks often subs. I think this was maybe her 3rd or 4th game this season. She is very frank in her opinions and I enjoy listening to her.

Tim Newton generally does the road games solo.

Agree about Jayla. Her bursts of speed are pretty impressive. She will be a great one before she leaves. (I guess nowadays you need to add "if she doesn't transfer in the portal.")

A tremendous hire. I think they have a shot at the Dance. Unreal.
At Nebraska is going to be really tough and of course at Indiana. I like us in all the rest of our games.

Reactions: DocRon
Agree about Jayla. Her bursts of speed are pretty impressive. She will be a great one before she leaves. (I guess nowadays you need to add "if she doesn't transfer in the portal.")
Her biggest flaw to me i she is a little careless when she has the ball in her hands and gets it stolen . Still thinks she is playing against high school players but she will correct that soon I am sure. She should really blossom next year

ADVERTISEMENT