ADVERTISEMENT

Game thread - 1/2/22 vs Rutgers (2pm on BTN+)

TC4THREE

All-American
Mar 20, 2002
7-7 (0-2) - NET RANKING 138

W vs Saint Peter's 59-38
W vs South Alabama 64-45
W vs Fairfield 48-42
L vs Stony Brook 53-44
W vs Harvard 68-65 OT
L vs DePaul 77-74
L vs Vanderbilt 51-40
L vs Arizona 80-44
L at Pittsburgh 58-50
L vs Maryland 73-59
L at Penn State 52-48
W vs Delaware State 74-36
W vs Central Connecticut 56-45
W vs Wagner 73-54
POSTPONED vs IU

Both teams looking to get on the board in conference play. We haven't played since December 21st. They haven't played since December 18th. Glad this one is at home.

Reactions: jindy and Russ Ford
7-7 (0-2) - NET RANKING 138

W vs Saint Peter's 59-38
W vs South Alabama 64-45
W vs Fairfield 48-42
L vs Stony Brook 53-44
W vs Harvard 68-65 OT
L vs DePaul 77-74
L vs Vanderbilt 51-40
L vs Arizona 80-44
L at Pittsburgh 58-50
L vs Maryland 73-59
L at Penn State 52-48
W vs Delaware State 74-36
W vs Central Connecticut 56-45
W vs Wagner 73-54
POSTPONED vs IU

Both teams looking to get on the board in conference play. We haven't played since December 21st. They haven't played since December 18th. Glad this one is at home.
This is exactly the type of game Purdue needs to win. With the long layoffs I expect things to be kind of sloppy early.

Caught a few minutes on BTN+ just now - Boilers look sloppy but they have a nice lead. Getting out worked on the boards, look sluggish to me. Wearing drab gray uniforms, but coaching staff are all in neon yellow pullovers! Odd contrast.
Maybe they need brighter uniforms??

Hope 2nd half is better energy and execution - neither team wowing with good play. I’ll try to check back - other commitments on my docket

Reactions: jindy and TC4THREE
Thank goodness for Layden, she's played well. Shooting numbers other than Layden have been pretty poor. Seem to be too many shots taken early in the possession. Still, hard to complain much this year about style points - just get wins however possible.

Missed the first half. They have looked good to start the 2nd half. 39-21 lead with 7 minutes left in the 3rd.

Looks like Kyle is still out as she has not played.
Ellis and Woltman have had pretty good games in 2nd half. Purdue had just one turnover on the 1st quarter, still not a huge number overall in the game so far.

Outscored 22-21 in the 3rd quarter to take an 11-point lead to the 4th. Too much fouling that quarter and gave up 11 free throws to a Rutgers team that otherwise is having trouble scoring.

Reactions: Russ Ford
It's a game down the stretch. Up 6 with 4:48 left. Shooting is rough for both teams but Rutgers has picked it up some after scoring only 19 points in the first half. We are 6-24 from deep and Rutgers has yet to hit a 3 in 7 attempts.

Reactions: Russ Ford
Missed the first half. They have looked good to start the 2nd half. 39-21 lead with 7 minutes left in the 3rd.

Looks like Kyle is still out as she has not played.
Kyle is still on her scooter although does bear weight on her feet In stationary position (from what I can see). Looks like it will be awhile before she is playing. And being that her conditioning was in question before the injury I am not expecting Shaya to be a big contributor this year. Hope I am wrong but I suspect it will take her a long time to get back into playing shape.

Good thing that Woltman has upped her game.

Oh my, sounds like things got WAY too tight by the end of the game. JT with another last second game winner? Sorry I missed the second half. Geez.
Win is a win! Good job ladies!

After dominating just fell
Apart on O and D
But two great clutch plays on 0 and D did it. Long way to go and virtually no
Inside game . NIT hopefully

Reactions: JeffBoiler
After dominating just fell
Apart on O and D
But two great clutch plays on 0 and D did it. Long way to go and virtually no
Inside game . NIT hopefully
Why "hopefully" the NIT?

I'm hoping for the NCAA tournament. Yeah, it's probably an uphill battle but I think at this point we're still right around or on the bubble. If we end up in the WNIT, fine. I think many of us would've signed up for that before the season. But in our current position, I think they've allowed themselves to aspire to something a little higher for the time being.

Probably true. I just think this uneven performance tilts more toward the NIT
But of course always want the dance. One thing this team is really gutsy
And much more well coached.

ADVERTISEMENT