ADVERTISEMENT

G. Miller done for the year

Slow he isnt. He doesnt accelerate as quick as some others, but he isnt slow. Hes pretty tough too.
I love how people think he’s like sub jaycen Taylor. He seems like the kind of guy @Purdue85 would down while defending Jack Sullivan, Kieren Douglas and Semisi Fakasiieki without seeing any irony lol

I think the fallacy with that line of thought is that the bigger programs are typically going to have more wherewithal and resources to identify whether that OSU third stringer is a bust or simply caught up in a stacked position. And if those programs offer, Purdue isn't getting him. We are taking fliers. Sampson James came with well known baggage.
The wide receiver position is the exception, as Purdue under Brohm has become a receiver magnet. That's why I have not been nearly as skeptical of the Tracy, Jones, and Sheffield pick-ups. They were clearly stuck in a numbers crunch and had prime transfer options.

I like the idea of using the transfer portal to supplement the roster. It is essential in today's game. But Purdue's primary targets to plug holes in the 2 deep should be late bloomers that rose up at the college level and are looking for a spot to showcase themselves against top notch competition for a year or two. Not on guys who peaked in high school.
Sheffield wasnt a transfer.

Me: an 55 minutes about pizza
Him: 😒
This is the more likely reaction

source.gif

• Haha
Reactions: BCfanatic2020
I’m partial to both. Picked up a Michter’s 10 rye in Florida when I was on vacation a few weeks ago. Needs cracked. Haven’t had many better!
Have you tried the whistle pig 12 year rye? Really good.

Have you tried the whistle pig 12 year rye? Really good.
I’m not a Whistlepig guy at all. Not a lot of consistency in the product IMO since it’s sourced. For the money, definitly better bottles out there.

Man, I’m a bourbon/rye snob.

EH Taylor straight Rye is my favorite right now. It’s the Buffalo Trace riff on the MGP 95/5 rye Mashbill and it’s pretty incredible.

Just had a friend pick me up a 2015 High west Rondevouz Rye which is a blend of a 16 year and a 6 year that’s pretty incredible. Been 5-6 years since I’ve had it and looking forward to it next weekend.

I’m not a Whistlepig guy at all. Not a lot of consistency in the product IMO since it’s sourced. For the money, definitly better bottles out there.

Man, I’m a bourbon/rye snob.

EH Taylor straight Rye is my favorite right now. It’s the Buffalo Trace riff on the MGP 95/5 rye Mashbill and it’s pretty incredible.

Just had a friend pick me up a 2015 High west Rondevouz Rye which is a blend of a 16 year and a 6 year that’s pretty incredible. Been 5-6 years since I’ve had it and looking forward to it next weekend.
IM not the biggest fan of High West. Ive had EH Taylor. Hard to find here.

IM not the biggest fan of High West. Ive had EH Taylor. Hard to find here.
They were bough out in 2019 and the quality and age of their products has definitely dropped off since then.

The Rye Taylor is impossible to find here. Have to grease some palms to get my 1-2 bottles a year from the local watering hole but that relationship is well worth it. Toss him thousands of $$ in food and beverage sales through the sports year…get rewarded with a few bottle from the secret stash.

Have a 16 strong online tasting group and we do quarterly tastings to keep the palate in shape. Love trying new and old stuff!

Any one ever had High West's Prairie Bourbon with the pronghorn antelope head on the bottle? If so, what was it like? It's expensive enough that I don't want to give it a random try. I love the appearance of the label. I see it when we're grocery shopping, but I now just visited their website and it isn't on there. I'm wondering if it will be like Wasatch Brewery's Polygamy Porter, great beer label on bottles and nice beer, but then then quit putting it in bottles but only cans and on tap. I don't drink beer out of cans. So that was the end of enjoying that several years ago. Now it's just Shiner's Bock.

Any one ever had High West's Prairie Bourbon with the pronghorn antelope head on the bottle? If so, what was it like? It's expensive enough that I don't want to give it a random try. I love the appearance of the label. I see it when we're grocery shopping, but I now just visited their website and it isn't on there. I'm wondering if it will be like Wasatch Brewery's Polygamy Porter, great beer label on bottles and nice beer, but then then quit putting it in bottles but only cans and on tap. I don't drink beer out of cans. So that was the end of enjoying that several years ago. Now it's just Shiner's Bock.
It’s not on their website as they recently rebranded their Bourbon. It’s a blend of a younger bourbon they do in house and some 6-8 year stuff they source. I’m not the biggest fan. Their ryes on the other hand generally punch above their price point.

Reactions: NVboiler
It’s not on their website as they recently rebranded their Bourbon. It’s a blend of a younger bourbon they do in house and some 6-8 year stuff they source. I’m not the biggest fan. Their ryes on the other hand generally punch above their price point.
Thanks. I guess that I'll then pass on it.

I have a good friend in the food industry. Talking to him, it's amazing how there often is so few actual manufacturers of items and the same place may actually manufacture multiple brands of the same product, prerhaps being the sole source of that product. When he uses other's products in his products, he often will visit the purported manufacturer to see it they really make the product on site and has been lied to many times about this, when his visit shows absolutely no production facilities for products that they claim to make on site. And that includes manufacturers of alcoholic beverages. So no surprise with that bourbon.

Reactions: pboiler18
Thanks. I guess that I'll then pass on it.

I have a good friend in the food industry. Talking to him, it's amazing how there often is so few actual manufacturers of items and the same place may actually manufacture multiple brands of the same product, prerhaps being the sole source of that product. When he uses other's products in his products, he often will visit the purported manufacturer to see it they really make the product on site and has been lied to many times about this, when his visit shows absolutely no production facilities for products that they claim to make on site. And that includes manufacturers of alcoholic beverages. So no surprise with that bourbon.
For Bourbon, they do have to disclose where it is distilled. If you looked closer on the bottle it should list the places it’s distilled…most likely Indiana would be one of the places.

MGP (Midwest Grain Products) is actually the worlds largest producer of Bourbon and Rye Whiskey and they are in SW Indiana and not in Kentucky like you would think. Even some of the larger distilleries can’t find “cheap” land for their aging Rick houses in Kentucky because of the demand for land in the state. They are moving some of their aging operations to Indiana.

MGP actually makes a good product, especially when aged 8+ years IMO. If you have a “local” , non Kentucky distillery that sells a bourbon, they likely used MGP sourced juice for their product and either blended different ages/ Mashbills/ etc or they blended it with their own distillate to bring up the age/quality.

Reactions: NVboiler
still no evidence of where I have "downed" a player (hint: it hasn't EVER happened)
I would agree. Purdue 85 never talks badly about any Purdue loser and has been or player that was Mac level but Purdue sign. Him anyway Purdue 85 is always positive about every single player Purdue signs and he loves their coaches too he even loved Hazell she was first hired!

unlike me! I hate everybody!

I would agree. Purdue 85 never talks badly about any Purdue loser and has been or player that was Mac level but Purdue sign. Him anyway Purdue 85 is always positive about every single player Purdue signs and he loves their coaches too he even loved Hazell she was first hired!

unlike me! I hate everybody!
not sure what that means.

I see no reason in trashing our players.

Reactions: Esox54547
ADVERTISEMENT