ADVERTISEMENT

Furst

I’m just repeating my entire post rather than just replying to a part of it like you do! I guess my initial post was just too long for you to grasp the entire message I was providing. So I will try once more.

First I said I expected Tkr to be our #1 scoring option. It hasn’t happened yet. We played a whopping 3 games! Will it happen? It’s still possible it could.

Secondly I said because of the hype that surrounded him and his talent level, it’s typical and very possible after surprisingly sitting out last year, if he doesn’t end up starting or making major contributions this year, it would not surprise me if he entered the portal and transferred to another school that would promise him he would start!

I also provided examples of other players who left Purdue because they realized they would not be our featured b player and they wanted an opportunity to showcase their talents elsewhere. And those 3 players were Haarms, Eastern and Stephens who all left for a chance to shine. It’s my opinion if tkr is not a main part of our team by the end of this years, he’s not ever really going to break through in the future. Loyer and Colvin will be the future and Furst and Edey are going nowhere and TKR is not a pg! So is very typical of high ranked recruits that do not become stars, they transfer to someplace else! Will TKR take the path so many others hAve taken? I believe if after 2 years at Purdue if he’s not at least starting, he’ll be looking elsewhere. It shouldn’t be a shock. That’s the way college basketball is today. If you believe you are a star and have high hopes of playing pro ball and after 2 years you’re not starting, you look elsewhere.

Why did Hunter and IT leave? It’s sort of obvious they saw the writing on the wall and didn’t want to be a guy coming off the bench! It wasn’t personal, just business!

I hope you read the entire post! Maybe I should put a box at the end for people to put an x in.
I do take exception to the part of your post about TKR. He has only been active in the program for about a year, and only played 2 games for Purdue. He does not have 2 years in the program since most of his first year was as an injured red-shirt. To me, he is the heir apparent to Zack, Berg not withstanding. TKR has a brilliant future here, and I am disappointed you are already "writing him off" so soon after his emergence.

Knowing your posting history, you often throw sh!t at the wall to see if it sticks, and you love to provoke controversy. However, this take of yours is pretty low.

:cool:

I’m just repeating my entire post rather than just replying to a part of it like you do! I guess my initial post was just too long for you to grasp the entire message I was providing. So I will try once more.

First I said I expected Tkr to be our #1 scoring option. It hasn’t happened yet. We played a whopping 3 games! Will it happen? It’s still possible it could.

Secondly I said because of the hype that surrounded him and his talent level, it’s typical and very possible after surprisingly sitting out last year, if he doesn’t end up starting or making major contributions this year, it would not surprise me if he entered the portal and transferred to another school that would promise him he would start!

I also provided examples of other players who left Purdue because they realized they would not be our featured b player and they wanted an opportunity to showcase their talents elsewhere. And those 3 players were Haarms, Eastern and Stephens who all left for a chance to shine. It’s my opinion if tkr is not a main part of our team by the end of this years, he’s not ever really going to break through in the future. Loyer and Colvin will be the future and Furst and Edey are going nowhere and TKR is not a pg! So is very typical of high ranked recruits that do not become stars, they transfer to someplace else! Will TKR take the path so many others hAve taken? I believe if after 2 years at Purdue if he’s not at least starting, he’ll be looking elsewhere. It shouldn’t be a shock. That’s the way college basketball is today. If you believe you are a star and have high hopes of playing pro ball and after 2 years you’re not starting, you look elsewhere.

Why did Hunter and IT leave? It’s sort of obvious they saw the writing on the wall and didn’t want to be a guy coming off the bench! It wasn’t personal, just business!

I hope you read the entire post! Maybe I should put a box at the end for people to put an x in.
You are correct, I firmly believe that brevity is the soul of wit.

I was primarily goading you to see if you'd admit that it appears that you were wrong in stating that you were 'certain TKR wIll become our #1 option and go to player' this year. It is very early, but given that Zach looks like one of the best players in the country and TKR looks like a talented player who is playing his first college ball, has your view changed?

I agree with much of what you're saying around Haarms, Eastern, Stephens, IT and Hunter. The common thread among those players was that each had at least two years of significant playing time and none developed into playing the leading role that they had anticipated.

In my view, TKR chose Purdue because he believed that the staff and program here would best support his development over an extended period. Had his priority been to be featured early in his career, he had many other options who would have promised him that. I expect he will continues to grow as a player this season, potentially even becoming the focal point of that second group. If that happens and he ends up playing 15 to 18 mpg he will stay at Purdue, continue to develop and be ready to take on an even bigger role as a sophomore or junior.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boileratthebeach
Didn't Berning make somebody's ALL AIRPORT team? Al McGuire? Dicky V?
I think you are correct. There is a reason why Matt in a close game put Brian in the game even though he is still not where he will be. Brian will have Matt's understandings with eventually I imagine more athletic ability. In that limited playing time at the end, Brian drove baseline and was stopped appearing to maybe be ina bad spot, but he lobbed it to Zach for two. I think you will see Brian put in on the floor a bit more than Ryan did.

Reactions: TX4GB
I think that in Keady's book it was intimated by Arnold's teammates that they knew he would have been a factor and they were unhappy he screwed up.

Reactions: tjreese
I think that in Keady's book it was intimated by Arnold's teammates that they knew he would have been a factor and they were unhappy he screwed up.
He would have been the starter over McCants maybe. At least we would have had more depth up front. He could have been the Jay Bilas of Purdue.

Reactions: Schnelk
Yes, my info came diretly from a player FWIW

Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT