ADVERTISEMENT

Fun while it lasted.

I'd be surprised if there are some ultra wealthy Purdue alum floating around out there who are also big Purdue sports fans. Now, getting them to write a check is a different story.
Or they expect a return on their investment (commitment to winning) before they write more checks. The good news is the current administration seems to be making the investment in facilities and paying for good coaches. Let’s hope this bears fruit. IMO Purdue needs to learn how to play the NIL game if we’re to get to the next level

Reactions: Purdue80
He is visiting this weekend, for the 4th time.
I don’t put any stock into people that post on other teams forums. He probably stays, he might fall for the easy money. Some of these kids don’t have anyone in their life giving them meaningful advice. I would love to know the percentage of those players that take NIL money and actually put that money away and invest it for their future because of the grim likelihood they actually make it to the NFL.

that money will be gone so quickly, I wouldn’t want any of those players on my team because the moment they take that money they don’t need to listen to a coach anymore.

I’m confused why you think it’s obviously a soft verbal? He hasn’t visited other schools since he committed to us and he’s now visiting us for the 4th time this weekend. What’s he done to make you think he’s leaving? All he’s done was post tweets about getting offers, every kid does that. I have no idea if we can keep him, but I wouldn’t write him off just because of big boy offers. He’ll put up monster numbers in our offense, and he knows it.
Soft verbal and even softer de-commitment...

What a colossal waste of everyone's time.

It would have been shocking if he had honored his commitment and shown up to play at Purdue opposed to just drop by/visit.

He visited 4 times and still did not know that it is Purdue University...pretty crazy...almost as crazy as lamenting some communication failure or thanking "some" of the staff when he de-committed.

Soft verbal and even softer de-commitment...

What a colossal waste of everyone's time.

It would have been shocking if he had honored his commitment and shown up to play at Purdue opposed to just drop by/visit.

He visited 4 times and still did not know that it is Purdue University...pretty crazy...almost as crazy as lamenting some communication failure or thanking "some" of the staff when he de-committed.
I think he asked Purdue for money and they replied they would look into it.

ADVERTISEMENT