ADVERTISEMENT

from Civil War site

tjreese

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2008
Just posting this for any interested. Not intended to get into Civil War discussion...my time is too limited now for things I enjoy. I was unaware of this and thought others might be as well. Years before the Civil War some Founding Fathers were aware that such war might be in the future

Thomas Jefferson: ”The monied interest in this country is all in the North, so inevitably all the wealth and power would be concentrated there, to the expense of the South. I fear our revolution will have been in vain if a Virginia farmer is indebted to a New York stockjobber, who in turn is in hock to a London banker. Opportunities for greed and avarice would abound.”

Alexander Hamilton: “If that is the case, it is unavoidable if the Union is to be preserved.”

4 minute video of such apparently on HBO back in 2008??? Hamilton and Jefferson discussing such as Adams smoking a cigar hears both sides taking a bit form each. Washington welcomes Jeffereson back home at the end. We know Adams and Jefferson were at political odds early and then mutual respect later on no doubt each thinking of the other on their deathbeds at the same time....miles away

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT