ADVERTISEMENT

From an Article in The Athletic today on Edey

Gman544

Redshirt Freshman
Feb 20, 2018
Sorry I could read it but could not link, not a subscriber.

Finally, as styrofoam-shielded lunch arrives, Painter turns to the last item on the to-do list. With an 11-day, four-game European tour ahead, he has reserved the last 20 minutes of practice for scrimmaging. Painter will officiate, which leaves his assistants to choose sides. “Paul,” he says to Paul Lusk, “you go first. Who do you want?” Lusk, who’s on his second stint at Purdue, leans back in his chair, shrugs and smirks. “Zach Edey.” Once Lusk and Brandon Brantley divvy up the roster, it’s time to pick teams for the second game. This time Terry Johnson gets dibs. “Uhhh,” Johnson says, pausing as if he’s contemplating the choices, “I’ll take Edey.”

Painter looks up from writing down the picks and smiles. “Aren’t they geniuses?”

That was an excellent article!

We are lucky to be fans now. We'll be telling our kids and grandkids about Edey. I have a feeling that he will stay active in Purdue related goings-on, like Drew Brees.

That was an excellent article!

We are lucky to be fans now. We'll be telling our kids and grandkids about Edey. I have a feeling that he will stay active in Purdue related goings-on, like Drew Brees.
Walking out of the scrimmage we passed by the Brees Academic Performance Center offering support services for student athletes. We hope anyone will be as involved as Drew has been.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT