ADVERTISEMENT

Forum "titles" are based on what?

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
I have just noticed (I'm a bit slow like that sometimes) that I have a forum title of "true freshman". I assume that has to do with my number of posts, responses, or other such factor(s)?

What are the levels? How does one move from one to another?

I have just noticed (I'm a bit slow like that sometimes) that I have a forum title of "true freshman". I assume that has to do with my number of posts, responses, or other such factor(s)?

Enjoy it while you can, keeping in mind the saying, Youth is wasted on the young.

Number of posts. I think it is 4000 to be an All American. It goes to Redshirt Freshman next, then Sophomore and Junior.

Reactions: pboiler18
I've been an All-American for a while. Figure I'm about to move to Senior citizen status any day now.

No further comment from the Lone Star State.....
wave.gif
rotfl.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Schnelk

How much time one wastes on this and all internet forums.

All great responses. So WHY do you think the board services pprovides this level of recognition? Is there any inherited benefit of knowing someone posts more than another? Or, are we as readers not to value the posting (perspective or point) considered by a less vocal poster?

Seems dumb to me.

All great responses. So WHY do you think the board services pprovides this level of recognition? Is there any inherited benefit of knowing someone posts more than another? Or, are we as readers not to value the posting (perspective or point) considered by a less vocal poster?

Seems dumb to me.
In reply to your questions in order: Don't know, Maybe, Yes indeed.

Reactions: Schnelk

Seems dumb to me.
I'm sure the marketing involved thinks that people will post more if they know there's a counter and ranking system. More posts equals more site action equals more viewing of ads equals more sales.

I will say I had a tinge of pride when my likes exceeded my posts recently.

Click on the poster’s name and you can quickly see how many posts, and how many “likes” he/she has. You can spot a troll using a new name rather quickly because he will have fewer than 5-10 posts.

Seems dumb to me.
It is called gamification. People see some reward system and want to get more points whereas others could care less.

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
ADVERTISEMENT