ADVERTISEMENT

"For your Entertainment" Hoosier Hilljacks at it again.

They are an unhappy bunch.
I am banned on their site, so I would be interested in the general comments being made.

I guess their fanbase can increase their NIL pot by taking out second mortgages out on their doublewides or working some extra shifts at McDonalds.

Reactions: delarno

The one poster mentioned no longer recruiting HS players and just getting them from the portal. I have to say that thought has crossed my mind. It would take a lot of doh-ray-me, but you could possibly see pretty quick results. I'm also waiting for the schools to start hitting back and saying "Hey, we paid for your training for two years, where' s the compensation for THAT?"

The one poster mentioned no longer recruiting HS players and just getting them from the portal. I have to say that thought has crossed my mind. It would take a lot of doh-ray-me, but you could possibly see pretty quick results. I'm also waiting for the schools to start hitting back and saying "Hey, we paid for your training for two years, where' s the compensation for THAT?"
I see a lot of people freaking out about players entering the portal. Look at Iowa's board for 3 minutes.

But I'm afraid it's going to be the hundreds of athletes jumping into the portal that are about to get a rude awakening. They're being told that there is lots of $NIL$ out there for the taking but it's all still subject to the law of Supply and Demand. They might be looking for a payday but the vast majority of those in the portal aren't going to get more than some pocket money. The big dollar deals are going to go the few elite players and even those have their own strings attached (starting, production, not being arrested etc).

The portal will be crazy for a few years but it will normalize. Athletes will recognize that just because you enter the portal doesn't mean you'll get a guaranteed offer, much less an NIL deal.

I’ve said it before. The big NIL contracts are made by unofficial handlers/agents and not schools! All these players going into the portal looking for big bucks are going to be deeply disappointed when they find out the money at their new school isn’t any more than what they left behind.

Reactions: pboiler18
I am banned on their site, so I would be interested in the general comments being made.

I guess their fanbase can increase their NIL pot by taking out second mortgages out on their doublewides or working some extra shifts at McDonalds.
Well, this "Hilljack" suggests you remove the second "out" and spell double wides correctly. But, other than those two errors, you made a pretty funny post.

In all honesty, I don't disagree with most of them. I can't help but wonder if the University of Chicago didn't have the right idea when they bailed on major college sports.

Reactions: Indy_Rider
In all honesty, I don't disagree with most of them. I can't help but wonder if the University of Chicago didn't have the right idea when they bailed on major college sports.
They're probably looking at the rat race and laughing at everyone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT