ADVERTISEMENT

For subscribers...

DocRon

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2001
Sheridan , Michigan
Today's “Boiling Over” has (for a change) some news pertinent to our WBB program. You have to go down to the very end.

Sure sounds like the thinking is that Versyp will be retained. Very sad time for this program if true. You have to wonder if this was the men’s program and we had the history that the women’s program had before Versyp, would Bo be accepting the current results or would he make a change? I’m not saying he doesn’t care because he’s sexist, I’m saying he doesn’t care because it’s not one of his big money sports.

Sure sounds like the thinking is that Versyp will be retained. Very sad time for this program if true. You have to wonder if this was the men’s program and we had the history that the women’s program had before Versyp, would Bo be accepting the current results or would he make a change? I’m not saying he doesn’t care because he’s sexist, I’m saying he doesn’t care because it’s not one of his big money sports.

Well, the women were projected to make their NCAA tournament this season while the men were not.

Well, the women were projected to make their NCAA tournament this season while the men were not.
Purdue needs a new direction, it does look like recruiting is getting a tad better, however, nowhere near what it needs to be. Next years team will be like this year, middle of the road, 9-10 tourney seed.

Reactions: Carolsh
Purdue needs a new direction, it does look like recruiting is getting a tad better, however, nowhere near what it needs to be. Next years team will be like this year, middle of the road, 9-10 tourney seed.

It is hard to imagine next year’s team being like this year. We just lost two four year starters who were 1,000 point plus scorers and held school rebounding and blocked shot records. Who will replace them? Even good freshmen do not step on the floor and immediately become impact players. We are returning KM and a bunch of role players.

I can understand that. I give credit to people like you who just say that instead of trying to manipulate history to fulfill an agenda they've been pushing for years.

I can understand that. I give credit to people like you who just say that instead of trying to manipulate history to fulfill an agenda they've been pushing for years.
Look at our top 3 Big Ten finishes (and AP rankings) from about 1987 until Versyp started. Then look at the results after she came on board. Do you really think she hasn’t brought the program down several levels? It’s time for a change.

Look at our top 3 Big Ten finishes (and AP rankings) from about 1987 until Versyp started. Then look at the results after she came on board. Do you really think she hasn’t brought the program down several levels? It’s time for a change.

I'm not saying I don't. I'm just for stating the case in an intellectually honest way which appears to be a problem for at least one person that frequents this board.

Yes, I also think recruiting has taken an upswing. However, the product on the court is not very appealing. The kids don’t play together as well as many opponents we face. Too many one-on-one situations when we should be making assists and passes to get buckets.

I think the program is stagnant and needs to be shaken up. Frankly, Sharon looks tired and seems to lack enthusiasm for the task. No doubt we have to let go of a medium good coach to get a better one if we can find one, and that is the risk. I think we need to take that risk at this point.

Yes, I also think recruiting has taken an upswing. However, the product on the court is not very appealing. The kids don’t play together as well as many opponents we face. Too many one-on-one situations when we should be making assists and passes to get buckets.

I think the program is stagnant and needs to be shaken up. Frankly, Sharon looks tired and seems to lack enthusiasm for the task. No doubt we have to let go of a medium good coach to get a better one if we can find one, and that is the risk. I think we need to take that risk at this point.

Sharon has had a lot to deal with the last few years. The stress in her personal life and the stress of coaching/recruiting for a major DI team has taken it's toll.
For Sharon's best interest Purdue needs to go in a different direction. Find Sharon an adm. job and let her keep her insurance.

TC4Three. Interesting personality when someone can't let something go even after an agreement to disagree. I wonder who has the problem? What you opine here does not much matter any more than what I say, but I did not go out of the way to dis you when you didn't even say anything. Hey, Bo will either replace her or not and I will go on supporting this team as I have for years as you have. Have a good day and try not to stew too much.

TC4Three. Interesting personality when someone can't let something go even after an agreement to disagree. I wonder who has the problem? What you opine here does not much matter any more than what I say, but I did not go out of the way to dis you when you didn't even say anything. Hey, Bo will either replace her or not and I will go on supporting this team as I have for years as you have. Have a good day and try not to stew too much.

I'm not sure you know the first thing about me personally.

Your problem is that somewhere along the line this season you decided to become like so many others and turn every post on this board into a referendum on the coach. If you were really supporting the team, you would be happy to win a game or get into the NCAA Tournament. It wouldn't have been the too-little-too-late reaction you were quick to portray. Plenty of time to address that situation after the season is complete, which I guess was whenever they officially cancelled the tournament this season.

I guess what I'm saying is that fans who are only fans and cheer for the team when things are going well are called something which I don't consider to be a term of endearment. When the first reaction of someone to a bit of good news during the season is to grumble and re-re-re-re-re-state their desire for a coaching change, that says something about you.

Thanks for your complete misinterpretation of what I said and did. Ha ha. There isn't much more to say. I will continue to post on here what and when I want and of course you will do the same. What I will not do is diss you personally, which you continue to do about me. Of course, you can continue to exhibit that behavior and all I can do it ignore it, which I will.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT