ADVERTISEMENT

Football verses basketball

Wolegib

All-American
May 23, 2013
I was just thinking about all the players opting out of Bowl games to prepare for the combine and avoid injury. Purdue is not the only team to lose starters because they were more interested in themselves than the team.

And I see a lot of fans are very accepting of the players opting out.

But what if this were basketball and the players decided to opt out of the tourney to prepare for the nba draft. How would you feel? Would you be as accepting of players deciding to opt out? What if Edey decided not to risk injury? Basketball players do get injured.

And yes, there have been several basketball players who have opted out of their season to prepare for the nba draft. Minnesota’s Pryzzabilla quit on his team in mid season . And they went from a projected 4-6 seed to not making the dance. And he was drafted in the first round. Other players have sat out due to injury concerns.

So how would you feel if your Star basketball player opted out of the dance? Would you be as accepting?

The NCAA tourney is about as big a stage as you could ask for. A lot of guys have greatly improved their stock. See Carsen Edwards.

Reactions: pboiler18
I was just thinking about all the players opting out of Bowl games to prepare for the combine and avoid injury. Purdue is not the only team to lose starters because they were more interested in themselves than the team.

But what if this were basketball and the players decided to opt out of the tourney to prepare for the nba draft. How would you feel? Would you be as accepting of players deciding to opt out? What if Edey decided not to risk injury? Basketball players do get injured.

And yes, there have been several basketball players who have opted out of their season to prepare for the nba draft. Minnesota’s Pryzzabilla quit on his team in mid season . And they went from a projected 4-6 seed to not making the dance. And he was drafted in the first round. Other players have sat out due to injury concerns.

So how would you feel if your Star basketball player opted out of the dance? Would you be as accepting?
bring your heart rate down, old man. Your forum binge this last week doesn't sound like someone sound of mind.

bring your heart rate down, old man. Your forum binge this last week doesn't sound like someone sound of mind.
You obviously have not read very many of my previous posts. Check the archives for my posts about Hazell and all the related posts calling me crazy

Actually the question should be versus. Verses are contained in a poem or a song.

The NCAA tournament starts 4 days after the selection show, many prospects are done within the week, when was Purdue’s last football game? Also, there’s a big difference in the two sports injury wise, many don’t want to play in a meaningless bowl game and risk it. This Purdue bowl game is great for players returning and great for some that may not have played a lot this year, for a 6th year guy like AOC and Jones not sure much good comes out of it, perhaps a huge game could help them, I doubt it though. I used to love bowl games, I’m in a bowl pool now where I have to pick all the games, just enjoy them for what they are, pretty much a meaningless extra game that feels good if your school wins.

My thoughts are mainly that people are more accepting of football players that opt out of Bowl games. But there have been a few basketball players who have opted out as well to prepare for their nba draft. In most cases, to prepare they also opt out of regular season games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT