ADVERTISEMENT

Football outdoors = Bad Basketball indoors = Good

I so strongly dislike those that did this to us that I'll use the word hate! Get them out of position of decision making wherever and whenever possible.

Buy bye Mitch Daniels.
Mark Emmert, lack of leadership - fired.
Kevin Warren, poor communications - fired.
Dr Sebastianelli PSU bad Covid report-fired.

I’m still shocked that the Presidents would not ask for additional data before making their decisions. Seems like an ill-prepared meeting with a foregone conclusion.
This is so F’d up it is embarrassing.

Runs the ncaa tourney.
He has never had control over power 5 football. The conferences won’t let him
What a gig! Stay out of the public eye at all times, let the pundits (AP and UPI) rate the teams and all he does is run selection Sunday and place teams in Regions. Does he come out like Roger Goodell on draft day and announce the NCAA teams or is that delegated to some other lackey?

What a gig! Stay out of the public eye at all times, let the pundits (AP and UPI) rate the teams and all he does is run selection Sunday and place teams in Regions. Does he come out like Roger Goodell on draft day and announce the NCAA teams or is that delegated to some other lackey?
i was being sarcastic, he does more than the tourney, but he has little to no power over the power 5 programs when it comes to football. Lets be honest, thats all we really care about. We dont care about the other fall sports.

Mark Emmert, lack of leadership - fired.
Kevin Warren, poor communications - fired.
Dr Sebastianelli PSU bad Covid report-fired.

I’m still shocked that the Presidents would not ask for additional data before making their decisions. Seems like an ill-prepared meeting with a foregone conclusion.
This is so F’d up it is embarrassing.

This is hilarious. You and 85 fault everyone but never touch on Mitch Daniels, who VOTED to postpone the season. You're "shocked" that the Presidents wouldn't ask for additional data....that includes Mitch no?

You guys should go work for Rold Gold.

Only separated by a few months and nothing different than an election & basketball rolls up to one Sr. VP NCAA basketball vs P5 commissioners. What the hell gives?

https://purdue.rivals.com/news/basketball-season-almost-certainly-a-go

It is so inconsistent with start up procedures from what should be an operations side of the NCAA that it has the stench of politics all over it.

Did you actually read the article you linked? Is Bobinski being political!?!?!?

That date would land right around the time when many college campuses will clear out, creating organic bubble-type conditions, as college programs had in place during the summer.

...over the coming weeks and months, the Big Ten will be working to green light a return for football. Part of that equation, Bobinski said, will be access to rapid-response COVID-19 testing, which could occur this fall, as well as detailed protocols being put in place for contact tracing and the mitigation of potential cardiac concerns.

Should those boxes be checked as part of the return-of-football process, they'd certainly apply to basketball.

And, basketball presents slightly fewer challenges.

"Obviously, basketball is a much more manageable population size," Bobinski said. "You're not dealing with the numbers that you are with football in particular. And so it's something you can get your arms around and hopefully find a way to do it in a responsible and very safe way."

Did you actually read the article you linked? Is Bobinski being political!?!?!?

That date would land right around the time when many college campuses will clear out, creating organic bubble-type conditions, as college programs had in place during the summer.

...over the coming weeks and months, the Big Ten will be working to green light a return for football. Part of that equation, Bobinski said, will be access to rapid-response COVID-19 testing, which could occur this fall, as well as detailed protocols being put in place for contact tracing and the mitigation of potential cardiac concerns.

Should those boxes be checked as part of the return-of-football process, they'd certainly apply to basketball.

And, basketball presents slightly fewer challenges.

"Obviously, basketball is a much more manageable population size," Bobinski said. "You're not dealing with the numbers that you are with football in particular. And so it's something you can get your arms around and hopefully find a way to do it in a responsible and very safe way."
There are existing football venues with teams playing and no fans in stadiums. That is simple modification.
Testing is available today to most if not all D1 colleges. Rapid Tests that you are referring to is a new release.
Why wait? Use existing tools and protocol processes to keep moving forward like so many others do. When there is a covid-19 report that is questionable, get more data. Mayo Clinic Dr. Ackerman's report was available the same timeframe and ACC / SEC used that as their guideline. Maybe go to Cleveland Heart Clinic and get their expertise evaluation? How hard is that?
Hell no, shut the fu_ker down!!!

There are existing football venues with teams playing and no fans in stadiums. That is simple modification.
Testing is available today to most if not all D1 colleges. Rapid Tests that you are referring to is a new release.
Why wait? Use existing tools and protocol processes to keep moving forward like so many others do. When there is a covid-19 report that is questionable, get more data. Mayo Clinic Dr. Ackerman's report was available the same timeframe and ACC / SEC used that as their guideline. Maybe go to Cleveland Heart Clinic and get their expertise evaluation? How hard is that?
Hell no, shut the fu_ker down!!!
touche!

Don’t tell me, tell Milwaukee. I’m just saying he voted for the delay. He’s the one that stated everyone involved should be fired.
I will state that I'm disappointed that Mitch Daniels voted for the delay. If it were a 2-4 week push to gain more knowledge of COVID-19 as it relates to "ALL COLLEGE ATHLETES", I'd have been fine with that as there would likely be an end in sight. Today...1 month later, we have little to no information as to what Kevin Warren is doing for the B1G athletes & by all accounts, Oct 10th football kick-off with light at the end of the tunnel is fading all too fast.
I firmly believe the Presidents & Chancellors wanted to focus on getting students and administration back onto campus for that financial equity that keeps the bills paid. Athletics as a whole is an afterthought. Maybe they will revisit it early next week as sources have said, but to get a start before Thanksgiving will be a coin toss at best. I won't believe it till I see it.

If B1G football starts after the election, then I won't watch 1 game live as my protest to this shitshow will remain in effect thru 2020 and any Spring games as well. I'll catch highlights and read some articles, but I won't watch or pay to see one or more games this "weird season". That is how disappointed I am with Mitch Daniels, B1G Commissioner Kevin Warren and NCAA for caving to politics.

Mitch has done good for the University, and now is his time to shine in getting Purdue back onboard & getting others to come back on board ASAP.

I'll state it again. How can Basketball start within 30 days of normal season opener, and Football has to wait till Thanksgiving at the earliest or possibly Spring to play? Makes no sense unless politics are involved. If politics are involved, then fire Commissioners immediately as that is negligence and conduct detrimental to the Leagues they serve. They chose to push the COVID-19 liberal "safety" agenda ahead of actual facts that age 18-24 athletes are not affected as a whole as compared to the rest of the older age groups.

Last edited:
I will state that I'm disappointed that Mitch Daniels voted for the delay. If it were a 2-4 week push to gain more knowledge of COVID-19 as it relates to "ALL COLLEGE ATHLETES", I'd have been fine with that as there would likely be an end in sight. Today...1 month later, we have little to no information as to what Kevin Warren is doing for the B1G athletes & by all accounts, Oct 10th football kick-off with light at the end of the tunnel is fading all too fast.
I firmly believe the Presidents & Chancellors wanted to focus on getting students and administration back onto campus for that financial equity that keeps the bills paid. Athletics as a whole is an afterthought. Maybe they will revisit it early next week as sources have said, but to get a start before Thanksgiving will be a coin toss at best. I won't believe it till I see it.

If B1G football starts after the election, then I won't watch 1 game live as my protest to this shitshow will remain in effect thru 2020 and any Spring games as well. I'll catch highlights and read some articles, but I won't watch or pay to see one or more games this "weird season". That is how disappointed I am with Mitch Daniels, B1G Commissioner Kevin Warren and NCAA for caving to politics.

Mitch has done good for the University, and now is his time to shine in getting Purdue back onboard & getting others to come back on board ASAP.

I'll state it again. How can Basketball start within 30 days of normal season opener, and Football has to wait till Thanksgiving at the earliest or possibly Spring to play? Makes no sense unless politics are involved. If politics are involved, then fire Commissioners immediately as that is negligence and conduct detrimental to the Leagues they serve. They chose to push the COVID-19 liberal "safety" agenda ahead of actual facts that age 18-24 athletes are not affected as a whole as compared to the rest of the older age groups.

you realize warren works for the presidents right? He’s certainly not shined from a communications standpoint but this wasn’t his call.

you realize warren works for the presidents right? He’s certainly not shined from a communications standpoint but this wasn’t his call.
I realize that he works for the Presidents & Chancellors. He also has influential power when they discuss the topic.
I'm sure there is debate over the topic before it goes to vote. At SOME point along the way, they all look to him as to the homework he has done and the faulty report by the Penn State University Dr that now says, "My Bad" it was an oversight error. A week later Dr. Michael Ackerman from Mayo Clinic that studies sudden death in sports athletes shoots down the very report that the B1G Presidents and Chancellors voted to keep closed on.

Don't you think that Commissioner Kevin Warren should investigate that new report further by engaging another world renowned Mayo Clinic Hospital in the B1G's backyard of Rochester, MN? Take it a step further and cross check it with the other top rated Heart Hospital in the US in Cleveland Clinic? I find it irresponsible to not hear any concrete plan and how it is progressing! When AD's and Coaches are still puzzled as to what is happening, that indicates a problem in communication which falls at Commissioner Kevin Warren's doorstep. At least say an investigation is underway without leaning either way. Instead, we have silence.

I also find a direct contradiction in that NCAA Basketball can start nearly on-time in late November and they are openly talking about it (John Calipari and Dickie V) while football remains mothballed in multiple conferences most notably B1G and PAC-12. How f'ng messed up is all this?

This is hilarious. You and 85 fault everyone but never touch on Mitch Daniels, who VOTED to postpone the season. You're "shocked" that the Presidents wouldn't ask for additional data....that includes Mitch no?

You guys should go work for Rold Gold.

You're a lying sack of sh*t.

I criticized Daniels for this situation.

Wake the h*ll up, and stop trying to manufacture some reason to b*tch.

You're a lying sack of sh*t.

I criticized Daniels for this situation.

Wake the h*ll up, and stop trying to manufacture some reason to b*tch.
and I too stated. "I'm disappointed that Mitch Daniels voted for cancellation." Why cancellation vs delay and fact finding to re-visit the subject?

Reactions: Purdue85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT