ADVERTISEMENT

Florida State again?

Only won 1. Hopefully, they are tired of the beatdown & take care of business.

Couldn’t get Duke because of the possibility of playing them in the PK85 event. Just lazy scheduling on their part.

Shows how little national respect there is for Purdue.
It is unfortunate, but, indeed the case...

I don't know how that narrative changes though...it is the same largely with recruiting....we saw it even with the most recent pursuit of a transfer portal PG...it happens as we know/see regularly in terms of things such as this...frustrating admittedly, but, I am not sure how it changes short of Purdue somehow doing some things that it typically has not been able to (successfully recruit nationally elite talents...sustained/deep tournament success).

Reactions: PaBoiler78
I don’t care who the opponent is, just go out and win the game and don’t get upset as usual

It is unfortunate, but, indeed the case...

I don't know how that narrative changes though...it is the same largely with recruiting....we saw it even with the most recent pursuit of a transfer portal PG...it happens as we know/see regularly in terms of things such as this...frustrating admittedly, but, I am not sure how it changes short of Purdue somehow doing some things that it typically has not been able to (successfully recruit nationally elite talents...sustained/deep tournament success).
Stop losing to North Texas and St. Peters — that would be a start.

It doesn't make since to do this again, even if they are projecting fair matchups. FSU will likely be a top 6 ACC team with what they have returning, so at least it is a chance at a quad 1 win and SOS boost at the very least.

It does seems like a lot of these matchups are recycled though. OSU-Duke, ND has played MSU recently, etc.

It'd be nice to get Syracuse, ND, Duke, or UNC at some point. Last year Purdue absolutely should have had Duke at home based on pre season projections.

Reactions: DAG10 and Schnelk
A seeming "no-brainer", which, is exactly why they missed it...
Wouldn't Ohio State-Miami be a bigger no-brainer, since they were actually ponying up some NIL money? Sounds like we were an afterthought.

Wouldn't Ohio State-Miami be a bigger no-brainer, since they were actually ponying up some NIL money? Sounds like we were an afterthought.
It would have made some sense, but, Pack was a lock for/to Purdue and bailed simply for the money...plus, "hometown" kid in Purdue's case as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT