ADVERTISEMENT

Fleck signed an extension today

Fleck will be forced to become the Rick Barnes of football, preemptively insisting he is not a candidate for the job at [insert school name here].

Reactions: TX4GB
There were three coaches hired that year. Of the three, I expected Fleck would be the first to leave as he would use Minn as a stepping stone to a bigger school and bigger paycheck. It now appears that Fleck might stay the longest at his respective school.

Although I still expect his name to start coming up as being available. I am led to wonder how names keep coming up as potential coaching candidates. A coach is successful where he is so his name gets thrown into the I’m available list?

There were three coaches hired that year. Of the three, I expected Fleck would be the first to leave as he would use Minn as a stepping stone to a bigger school and bigger paycheck. It now appears that Fleck might stay the longest at his respective school.

Although I still expect his name to start coming up as being available. I am led to wonder how names keep coming up as potential coaching candidates. A coach is successful where he is so his name gets thrown into the I’m available list?
They have agents. Brohm always had one foot out as well as fleck. In some ways this is good for purdue if we get the right guy and some stability.

Reactions: TX4GB
Did we interview him in 2016?
My recollection is his ego got in the way he was shooting for the stars and was more interested in programs like Oregon… except they weren’t. It looked like he would stay at WMU when the mid-level hires moved on and then he jumped to minny kinda late. If he had not been so aggressive he may be a Purdue coach. I’m glad we didn’t sign him though. I was surprised to see him get what was essentially a 1 year extension to keep him from bolting. He’s had a good track record but he seems to have a lot of drama and baggage. Plus he just doesn’t come across as a likable guy as the face of the program.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT